It's bee a month on Saturday since my last drink

Posted , 6 users are following.

a couple of things...

1- my daughter said "you will never be able to drink again" I know its true but it sent panic through me

2-trying to loose weight exercising, dieting going no where.... sad

4 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Well done I am rooting for you and in the same boat. It is daunting but I try and just keep it in the day otherwise I panic. Forever is a long time to contemplate all those social events etc

good luck, Lynne x

• Posted

Thats what I try to do ... I just coldnt believe the panic that went through me

Thank you Lynne smile

• Posted

Also I go for my first counselling apt today ... for some reason very nervous about it.... 
  • Posted

I also started councilling and was nervous but it is brilliant really helps put things in perspective and you really feel a sense of achievement and of taking positive action.

go for it and let us know how you get on.

x

• Posted

hi Sue -i'm in recovery since 2005- i tried everything to stop, treatment centres, AA the whole 9 yards- then i went to a counsellor - it changed my life- one thing - be honest - with yourself and the counsellor-good luck with it- if i can do it anyone can-
    • Posted

such a good success story for certain. Coming up to 10 yrs and not drinking and that is AMAZING. Gives hope to a lot people. Keep going
  • Posted

Hi sue

have you thought of antabuse. That pill probably saved my life and my marriage. Because I couldn't drink it took away the obsessing. The shall I, shan't i? Because my husband gave it to me every morning it also stopped him giving me the evil eye every day when he came home from work trying to suss out whether I'd been drinking.

• Posted

Yes I have, right now I am controling my cravings, I honestly ave little desire for alcohol, when it hits I have a hot bat or walk on the treadmill.

If that doesnt help I have something sweet. If they do get worse then I will talk to the doctor.

Yesterday I went to see about counselling and was accepted smile

although they couldnt book my first apt till the 11th of march

but very happy about the out come. The one I did get to see told me that not many can make it through a month on their own, so I was pround of myself but at the same time very sad. Thinking of every one who has to wait for so long to be able to get help

• Posted

Read about The Sinclair Method Sue and tell your daughter to as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.