It's been 5 days that I have been...

Posted , 5 users are following.

on the full dose of Champix... still smoking. Feel very tired most of the time.

I have cut back a bit but thought it would of really kicked in by now.

Is it to soon or should I be not wanting cigs by now?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi sue dont worry when its time you will know, normally about two weeks you wil go off them or feel sick but even then make sure you take the hole course as this is where a lot of people fail as they think they dont need the tablets anymore (WRONG) So keep up the good work reduce the best you can for now by cutting back the Champix will soon kick in goood luck.
  • Posted

Hi Sue, youre right, its too soon. Dont think too far ahead. I didnt feel any different until about 10 days into course. I started to feel as if I didnt need a whole ciggie, and by day 14 I could hardly be bothered smoking. Stopped relatively easily. A few problems with the side effects, but stay with us and as time goes on, we will help you through. Just relax. Keep smoking if you feel like it, dont stop too soon. The champix will do all the hard work. Start imagining life with nice smells, more money in your pocket and good health, fresh breath and clothes and hair. Thats just around the corner. Set your stop date between day 14 and 18. If you really feel you cant stop then, extend it for another week. We are here for you. X
  • Posted

you're doing great! I may not have a lot of knowledge as I am a NON-SMOKER but I can understand how Hard it must be. Remember your body is adjusting to a whole new change (cutting down cigs). You should focus on the positives of giving up smoking. Good luck smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.