It's been a while (10 months or so )

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have been on venaflaxine for a bit and must say its done me well for last 8-9 months. But with none mental health issues taking more of a precedent with severe back ache, I kind of wish I felt so strong to fight this with out venaflaxine but with no chance of depression and anxiety returning. It sounds odd I am sure but, being fed up that I am in pain is better than depression. Does anyone else feel the meds are great at their job but wish they could come of them sooner ? I'm not sure if I should even discuss this with my go as I guess she see it's to soon and the pain I have with Spondylothesis may re trigger depression ? 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Any recoverers share the journey and advice
  • Posted

Hi, UK....I have had depression off and on all my life.  As I got older I developed sciolosis, spinal stenosis, and five degenerative discs.  As a result I have lost five inches of height.  Walking anywhere hurts so badly that I tend to forget about the off and on depression, if you can believe that....I would rather hurt anywhere for the rest of my life, instead of having depression.   Depression is a living hell and once you get out of that black hole you never want to go back there again.  I concentrate on my other pains and am kind of grateful for them, as they tend to keep the depression away....does that make any sense....HUGS.
    • Posted

Thanks Carole28488 you sound like you have had your own battles, I would like to reduce the venaflaxine, but I  know the doctor will convince me for good reasons not to. I am see my surgeon and whilst I took hos advice nearly 12 month ago to try other alternatives to surgery, I am now ready to say I have tried and its not working and I just want my life back. If that mean running the risk of being further disabled ( paralysed ) rather than carry on wondering what if. My pain is now at point where I know it will takes its toll.

I have had some brutal years with the divorce from wife, fighting to see my kids for the last 18 months and get thru increasing pain.

My life does have great things in it a lovely lady who really does care, and a sheer determination to fight for what i want.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.