It's been a while

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted on here, I guess I'm like a lot of you, on the whole I'm pretty good and since 7th feb this year I haven't been so drunk that I wake up with no memory feeling crap, depressed blah blah, in that way I'm doing well

I am still drinking and I have even gone out and driven without drinking a few times

But I still drink, I know still too much

I'm averaging about 4-5 bottles of wine a week which is way too much

I still tend to 'turn' to drink, happy sad stressed tired emotional. - have a drink

I'll keep on going and try to reduce more

I CAN do it 🙏💪

Rach

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good for you Rachel

Everyone is different and what ever works for you smile

Keep going, remember to smile smile 

• Posted

Thank you ladies I know I can always rely on your support xx

Never been on any meds will power alone, still not drinking at all 3-4 nights a week 😃

• Posted

Hi Rach, it's good to hear from you.

I am much the same as you....still drinking, but proud of the fact that I am still cutting down.  I drink around 5 units a night and am struggling to get below that, but I will keep trying.  Anything is better than how I was before.

Alcohol is such a prop for me, for many reasons.  I am sure you are the same, and that is the hard thing to get over.

Are you using any medication, Rach?  I can't remember if you are.  I'm not.

Anyway, keep in touch won't you?  And keep up the good work.

Love,

Pat

• Posted

keep trying Rachel..u r on the right track and keep getting back to us...good or bd news....we can cope           smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.