It's confirmed after my UFE sep 16th I have post menopause 😡

Posted , 4 users are following.

We thank God my regular physician just happened to do a test in June 2016 for my yearly exam my leveles were 5.9. Now December 20th I had my hormones checked my estrogen level has dropped to .79👀👀👀.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I will be thrilled if I'm in menopause. I had mine about a month after you. This is a known possible side effect and one that I prayed for. I'm 43, so chances are that I won't go into menopause so soon, but I would be thrilled with that result from ufe. In fact I asked my ir before the procedure to please try to put me into menopause so I could stop bleeding forever.

I do have insomnia and night sweats ever since the procedure, so there's hope!

• Posted

Why in the world would you want to go into menopause so early ? You've already had the UFE so the bleeding should stop. I'm 45! And have vaginal dryness and No sex drive is horrible . I haven't had the night sweats .

• Posted

Because ufe doesn't stop the periods. I want menopause to stop then altogether and keep my uterus and avoid surgery. Best of all worlds if you ask me.

My first two periods after ufe were very light. The third was very heavy. The fourth was a bit better. I'm due for another soon and hoping that it will be lighter still. But after all of the trauma of bleeding so heavily for so long- I would take menopause ANY day and be thrilled about it.

Were you not told that your chances of menopause were much higher having ufe at 45 and over?

• Posted

No I wasn't told that😓. But I think I would have still done it because from what the doc says now . And what I have been reading it's like 1% chance of that happening . I did have a cycle in October that lasted a full week very light November and December nothing . So now that's it being that my levels are so darn low To go from 5.9 to not even a 1 is a shocker.

• Posted

Much much higher chance of it happening over 45.
  • Posted

Hi. I've been following the UFE stories as it's something I'm considering.

On the menopause forum someone has said that taking Vit C helps with her sex drive.

For the vaginal dryness take Omega 7, sea buckthorn oil. This helps with dry eyes also. Google to read its benefits.

Your doctor can prescribe Vagifem pesseries for vaginal discomfort. It's a tiny dose of estrogen that helps the lining lubricate. This has helped me.

Hope things settle down for you and you find something to help. Take care

• Posted

maisie05 it is vitamin E that helps with sex drive.  Vitamin C helps for iron absorbtion and immune system.

Beth0810 I'm not sure how old you are.  Reaching full menopause is a long process.  And there are no drugs available to put women in menopause permanently.  Once the drugs are stopped, nature takes over and proceeds as previously programmed.  I read an entire book on the topic by a doctor and googled many other sources because I too was praying for menopause.  Almost each visit to my doctor the word HYSTERECTOMY was said, scaring the heck out of me.  

Pam14575 at least with vaginal dryness we can buy some KY jelly.  

• Posted

I'm well aware of that Diana. We're not talking about a medication here, but a surgical procedure which does quite often result in women going into menopause. I was already in perimenopause before this started.

Please read what ufe is before commenting and assuming I don't know what I'm talking about. If the ovarian arteries are blocked during the procedure, menopause is the result.

• Posted

Thank you I will research it. I was prescribed estrace cream 1g and my blood pressure shot through the roof. Yesterday 150/103 and I monitor my blood pressure every week and sometimes twice a week. This make morning it's coming down 130/ 80 so let's say I won't take that again.👀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.