It's done

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies

ive just arrived home! Pain free for now! Really the worst part is waiting round to go to theatre. I'm under no illusion the pain will kick in soon, but I'm going to have to deal with it as best I can. Pain meds ready lol. I will post pictures when I can. I have seen the physio and walked stairs and to the car, I have crutches to help with balance but I'm trying my best to place my feet without using them. I have been told to rest and elevate but also to get up and move because of DVT, I have four weeks worth on injections yo do myself, not looking forward to that but things could be worse. So I'm now a step nearer to recovering. Please feel free to ask any questions, I will do my best to reply. I'm mindful of being I top of the pain, that's my main concern. I think an alarm will be set as suggested lol x 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

What kind of surgery did you have had my right foot done on the 5th left to be done onthe 19th
    • Posted

Hi Rebecca I've had double scarf and akin and second toe fusion done on the left foot.
    • Posted

Ok im not sure what they call my surgery but I had the bunion removed and 2 differnt bone cuts bones realigned into the proper position in a screw put in place to hold my toe in proper position since I had a hammer toe left foot will pretty much be the same surgery but my left foot is worse in the right foot was
  • Posted

I am so pleased for you Rae.  Keep up the good work. x
    • Posted

Thanks Gilly. Feet throbbing and complaining all night so not much sleep but that's expected as not 24 hours yet! Painful walking in the boots and I'm a little scared of the stairs! That's thinking I'm going to fall in the boots! I'm keeping my pain killers on timer. First injection this afternoon (not looking forward to that) but I'm being brave x I've iced this morning as instructed and it did sooth a little. Feels like blood is rushing through. Hence the throb So it's going to be a long road and harder getting round than id imagined. But it will be worth it x do you feel like this at first x
    • Posted

I am the Gilly that is having her operation on July 16th!!!  I too will have to inject myself the usrgeon said - so you can keep me posted on that experience.

So my problem is bunions that do not hurt - can't get shoes on but if i cramped them in I expect they would put up a fight.  So I still have wobbles about what am I doing - not private - NHS.  

Have the best day you can and keep up the good work. x

• Posted

Gilly you will be fine! Easy to say but be positive. I'm NHS but if was carried out at the Nuffield. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I didn't have much pain in my right only slightly but I needed to get rid if these pesky things ASAP! Lol honestly if I can handle this anyone can. Have you got someone at home with you after the op? X
    • Posted

I am having a Metatatarsal Cuneifrom Joint Fusion and two hammer toes (same foot) and I will be 70 in July!lol

I will have my husband at home with me - so - am planning everything I want to do e.g. maybe some sketching, reading, knitting, moaning, eating health nibbles, laptop surfing (who knows might even lead to a new romance - sorry getting carried away there) AND most importantly so it seems setting my alarm clock.  

Just looking about a knee walker but interesting more second hand ones for sale on American EBay.  Thank you for your words of encouragement.

How did injection go did you have to say 1,2,3 - do it!

• Posted

Lol that made me chuckle Gilly! Moaning! Don't we all lol x nothing wrong with romance haha your having both feet done? If you are they will give you crutches. If it's one foot I would still have crutches. Not done the needle yet will do it soon x on my fingers crossed. I'll let you know how I get on later . Gilly honestly I've had some throbbing today but nothing I can't handle, truly I'm amazed. I really thought if be screaming in pain. Don't egg me wrong walking is painful but I just encourage myself to keep moving! One more day nearly done x yippie x
  • Posted

Wishing you a speedy recovery xxx
    • Posted

Thank you. I feel really good this morning. A bit brighter. Pain not bad either. Fingers crossed. Hope your doing well too .
  • Posted

Wishing you a good recovery Rae.You sound really positive. I've  injections this time as well (I'm one day in front of you post op on my second foot). Not as bad as I thought they would be, tends to take your mind of any foot pain for a few minutes anyway!!!! How are you getting on with them?
    • Posted

Hi bee, injections not as bad as I thought I didn't feel a thing lol pain not too bad either so all good x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.