It's getting better

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone... I left the doc/surgeons office with a smile on my face. He told me the reason I'm not passed 90 ROM is cause of the custom knee they had to make for me. He the custom knees take a lot longer to get ROM. And I've been released to go back to work on lite duty!!

Only problem I had is when I came out of the doc's office I had a flat tire on my truck

Hahaha but I changed it myself to see if I could do it.

Thank you to everyone of you for support

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ok..if you can change a tire with the new knee then you're backto full duty! Good for you! And now you know that there's a reason behind the slower progress but you sound like you're doing great Donna
    • Posted

Oh no I need just a little more time for my full duty. I work in high security prison and I have walk among them and they are not very trustworthy people
    • Posted

I was, of course, teasing you. I couldn't change a tire before the surgery so not much hope of it happening now ha! I think you're well advised to take things slowly..if you are put in situations where you could be jostled or pushed, you want to make sure you are comfortable and secure on your knee. Good luck with the return to the job and take care when you do. D x
  • Posted

That's very interesting to hear as I have a bespoke knee too.When my consultant suggested the bespoke knee (my other knee isn't bespoke) he said that the bend would be much easier and quicker to achieve.

I've had far more problems with this bespoke knee and am going back into hospital in Sept  to have it opened up again.

Glad to hear that you are doing well.

Patsy

• Posted

Never been able to change a wheel!  those darned nuts are just too tight for me. . .

• Posted

Hi Kirk

saw my physio again today, and she said to me 'you had a bespoke knee, didn't you?'  She has seen other patients who are having similar problems to me with straightening, so that was very interesting...given what your consultant has said to you!  My consultant told me about the bespoke (my first knee was an off the shelf one) and showed me a photo of someone with a really good bend at 3 weeks, so I decided to go with that option.  I've had problems a with both knees, but the bespoke one has been much harder and I now cannot straighten my leg and am back in hospital 25/9).

I wonder how many other people have had difficulties with a bespoke knee...

Patsy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.