It's going well

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have been taking Ramipril 2.5 for 3 days and apart from a little indigestion I feel fine. My blood pressure is already coming down with a diastolic of 80 rather than 90 and a dramatic lowering of the systolic. I'm really rather glad I've finally started taking medication as it's without doubt a safer option than living with hypertension. Having been a nurse I've seen too many ' young ' people in their 40's and 50's have strokes and heart attacks and I don't want to suffer the same fate !

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have also just started with Ramipril (last Tuesday) so will be following your comments with interest. Apart from a mega bout of cystitis (which the doctor assures me is unrelated) and constipation (!) all seems OK.
  • Posted

I too am a nurse and have a family history of raised bp. I'm now 52 and have so far held off taking medication by trying to do it by healthy lifestyle alone, however I need to start treatment now. I'm just going through the usual work up..bloods and ECG and then will start Ramipril so I hope to find it as problem free as you.
  • Posted

I have been taking ramipril for about ten weeks now, and the3 only side effect is a dry tickly cough on occasion, but if my risk of stroke/heart attack is lessened then I can live with that!

I have been on 10mg for the past three weeks and feel great. Hopefully you will to. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi, I have been in Ramipril (2.5mg) for 2 weeks now. For the first 3-4 days I definitely felt rather \"odd\" to say the least, but I guess now that my system is getting used to Ramipril, I feel just fine. I am due to go back to my GP in a week's time for a blood pressure check, which I am hoping has dropped, although I can still hear and feel my heart thumping away in my neck and ear.......very strange sensation.....
  • Posted

Hurrah! 2 weeks on and my blood pressure has reduced to 135/75 and feeling great. Got to go for blood tests next week to make sure tablets are not causing any other problems. But after feeling very negative about starting medication I am much more positive now and would encourage others to give them a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.