It's here !

Posted , 19 users are following.

Just thought I'd pop in and say, see you tomorrow with the new fully operational, pain free hip.... 

Feel relaxed at the moment, I think that's due to the large baileys with ice that I am slowly getting through... 

Thanks for all the support over the past few months ... Night, hear from you tomorrow. Much love xxx

6 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Dear Barbara, 

Sending you light and healing ....

Go with the flow and surrender  .... 

Cheerz darling   we are looking forward to your first post-op post !!!!!

Big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Arrived at hospital at 7:30, to be told I'm due to go down to theatre about 2, I   Wish I'd of know I could of had a cup of tea before coming out this morning... I'm hungry and need a drink.

Ive been asked if I was Ga or spinal, what did you all have ? X

• Posted

I had general, to much of a coward to have spinal, no problem thank goodness 

suexx

• Posted

Depends on whether or not you like hearing the 'DIY noises' .... I went for spinal, with no sedation.  Heard everything, felt nothing. Able to have a cuppa in the recovery room straight after the Op, which you cannot do after a general.

Graham

• Posted

pressed the wrong button .....

Hopefully by now you're on your way to a new life with a new hip.

Good luck, let us know how you are.

Best wishes

Graham

• Posted

Had GA both times with no problems ... You might be right, Graham, but they gave a delicious ice cold popsicle in the recovery room ...

• Posted

I had both too and it worked well for me.  When I first came to after the surgery, I  could hear myself saying, "I want some more of that..."  I guess I really liked the sedative!  My leg remained numb for several more hours on purpose.  When that eased, I felt better.

Good luck today!

• Posted

I'm in my room.... Pain free ( for now )...

Opted for spinal and general and all was good.

Ive eaten a little and had som tea, feel tired but Ok.  Have peculiar blow up pillows on my legs to aid circulation, which keep on inflating on my legs. 

I need a good nights sleep, so Thank you for your good wishes, I'll pop in tomorrow. Sleep well all xxx 😴 

• Posted

Congrats..Those blow up things prevent swelling and clots, a good thing...Take care, sleep well.
    • Posted

The inflating leg cuffs soon come off, they have to so you can get out of bed and walk.

Hope you get a good night's sleep - or at least a better one than I had.

Graham

• Posted

Welcome to this side and thank you for letting us know you're

back. ....

have a good night Barbara. ....you did good ...

it is done. .

Big warm hug

Renee ❤

• Posted

Welcome to the hippie side, so glad its all over for you, hope today has not been to hard. Good luck in your recovery.

suexx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.