It's hereditary!

Posted , 3 users are following.

My Dad has Costochondritis, I have Costochondritis and now my 19 year old son has just been diagnosed with it!

It can't be a coincidence surely?

Is it hereditary?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think it is my daughtwrs had bother few year now despite me hiding mine from her shes started a lot younger than me with it too I was about. 40/.. Hers started at 26 ... I think its a symptom of something autoimmune myself .
  • Posted

hi! I am heading for a Chest CT scan in a months time but having searched on this forum my symptoms (over and above my life long asthma) are classic cosotchondritis BUT my sister explains the same symptoms (she is 9 years older than me likes to call them heart cramps) and now my daughter (12) is complaining about the pain in her chest which hurts more when she breaths in, like mine it passes but is scary all the same.  I have had these symptoms since i was 11/12 years old and am now 41, i've had an ECG in the past and xrays so be interesting to see what the CT scan says....I have often wandered if this is hereditary or is it something mechanically wrong we have all been born with? Life long Asthma has it's down sides, constant coughing etc which would explain myself but not my sis or daughter?! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.