it's long but has to be put out there blood test bad again

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everybody I have read a lot of the forum's on here we are all in the same boat some r rocking it some less I'm turning 57 this year and was diagnosed with aggressive prostate last june my PSA was 235 at the time I had a bone x ray I have cancer in 3 parts right uper torso, spline after that one I don't remember where the 3rd one is my doctor said theirs no cure for what's in my bones so radiation is out he have me some kind of shot don't know the name to bring down my PSA shot last 4 months after the 4 months it droped down to 35 still couldn't pee good so I went and had prostectomy in October still leaking October 31 lost my insurance cause I make to much 528 a week is not much when u have bill's haven't had my shot in a couple month's I ask my doctor if I could come in just to have a blood test done had it Thursday 19 call Friday right away kinda wish I hadn't my PSA jumped to 260 I had to go to my boss and let him know I can only work 27 hours a week to bring down my income just to keep my insurance this is my last chance it's has to be in before January 31 if they denie me after that I can't in roll untill November and now at the end of my pee there is blood and don't know how much further my cancer spread going to lose a lot pray goes out to all u

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

So does anyone have some good advise I know I'm scared like most of u hanging on to what I have left and having faith in our father

• Posted

lance82005,

Just keep your faith lance, prayer works! I will pray for you.

• Posted

Thank u my wife is very Christian and I am getting their we pray real hard she knows God is the real meds may God bless u also
  • Posted

Hi Lance, sorry to hear your predicament. What a strange system in the US? you have to reduce your income so you can keep your health insurance!! I hope Mr Trump does not do anything to put your health insurance in danger? can you get treatment in public(free) hospitals?

Anyway, you really need to see a urologist who can jump on your runaway cancerYou need an active treatment plan and monthly PSA tests to monitor the treatment. Have you had any radiation on the hot spots on your torso? You can not cure the cancer now, but, with treatment, you can keep it at bay for many years. It sounds like you are on hormone therapy, which is used for advanced prostate cancer. Good luck Lance.

Geoff

• Posted

Doctor says it won't help not sure he is telling me everything I've asked him to the shot unfortunately cost 4000 and of course they want there money up front no payment plan haven't tried local hospitals they r mostly emergency situations

• Posted

No radiation therapy doc says it won't help me I'm pretty scared I do thank u for your in put geoff

• Posted

I am very sorry to hear of your situation.

2 things come to mind.

First, prayer. It works. It has for me and I am sure it will for you.

Second, if you are not happy with the knowledge, experience or forthrightness of your urologist, then you must find another one who can answer your questions and fill you with confidence. Urologists are not all the same. Try to find one that only deals with prostate cancer and not a "jack of all trades" urologist. 

• Posted

This is profession and maybe it's me not asking the right questions I just got a call back from the gental men below him wants me to come in for a camra view I'm not supose to be bleeding this far out after operation sad to say my insurance was cancled trying desperately to get it back droped my hours down to 27 a week to afford health care from the county my wife and pray that it goes thru next month for the both of us cause she also has border line glaucoma we keep our Faith moving forward

• Posted

Not sure what cobra is I've been on medical and i pray on this last check stub I can get it back with my hours reduced to 27 a week

• Posted

It's a law, the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act. It protects you and your family if you lose your employer-sponsored health benefits. If you qualify for COBRA coverage, then you have the option of continuing your employer-sponsored health plan for a limited period of time.

• Posted

Interesting rules here is an extract, " Among the "qualifying events" listed in the statute are loss of benefits coverage due to the death of the covered employee; (2) an employee loses eligibility for coverage due to voluntary or involuntary termination or a reduction in hours as a result of resignation, discharge (except for "gross misconduct"[4][5]), layoff, strike or lockout, medical leave, or slowdown in business operations"; HOWEVER....then there is the mini COBRA... "In cases where COBRA does not apply, some states have stepped in with state health insurance continuation laws, usually called "mini-COBRA" laws, which help employees continue their health insurance when federal COBRA does not apply".

So, you need to be a lawyer to understand it all.

Geoff

• Posted

The issuance companies did make it difficult for some to get disqualfied, and made it difficult to get the benfits.

I was on CORBA at one time while I was employed. My insurance coverage continued, but they dogged you in deceptive ways to get you non covered. I was a Management employee, and my full pay continued, paid by CORBA, but they also made it very difficult to get the pay.

So, I agree, a Lawyer to understsnd, and fight for the law to benfit you.

• Posted

Yeah, well the title is enough to put you off understanding what it is about, let alone knowing how to use it. Like many of these procedures, they are wrapped up in legalese to make them virtually unworkable by both potential users and administrators. You did well Roger to work it out and get them to cover you.
    • Posted

My insurance is thru the county welfar the keep kicking me off I even truer cover California and when I got back how much I made was unbelievable I don't even know how they came up with it at 600 a week witch they go by gross they say I make 2600 a month I was not able to insurance thru them either my urine is getting darker and the blood clots biger I'm asking tomorrow for my pay check so I can get stub and have my wife turn it in the county while I go to emergency room my job is 1hr drive one way and it's very challenging I work at a dismantle yard pulling parts off wrecked car for customers and work orders 7 Acre yard I can't hold out no more very lower back pain and the urine with all the blood and clots have to go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.