It's me again.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm just curious if anyone else in here has been diagnosed with crps/rsd? Still have so many unanswered questions, frustrations, fears, etc.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with crps after having a High Tibial Osteotomy and 4 compartment fasciaotomy done.

I have been through every type of therapy imagineable and still do not have any comfort. I am suppose to have a TKR done but I keep getting told i am too young (Im 44yrs old).

I was injured at at and after 2yrs and 5 operarions later I was told that there is nothing more that can be done until i am older. I settled my case because I needed to move on, I now have constant pain and am miserable.

I hope this helps.

• Posted

Ringman06 I am only 45. I literally turned 45 10 days before my tkr. I have osteoarthritis in both knees and lower back. I refused at 36 yo to have lower spine fusion. No way was that happening. I have managed my back pain with chiropractic care and decompression therapy. This CRPS is just too much most days. I literally feel like some one is shocking my from the inside. The pain is almost unbearable some days. Just wanting to know if there are others out there like me after a tkr.....
  • Posted

I had a spinal fusion c3 to 8 never regretted it. Yeah I get the occasional ache and crunching noises but compared to the pain I had can easily put up with it.
  • Posted

its 7 weeks since my right TKR for the most part its been great but recently I have been experiencing what feels like nerve pain down the side of my knee which is very uncomfortable and the knee has been painful and swollen god knows what going on in there , before my TKR I was told I have nerve damage resulting in a loss of feeling and sensation in both my feet possibly as a result of my having degenerative disc disease for which I had lower back surgery , so together with osteoarthritis who knows what is  causing  what where and why … I was given and take Lyrica (pregabalin) which seems to help with the nerves pain , I use ice a lot and just hope the next  day will be better 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.