It's nearly time

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I just want to say thank you again for all your support.

I got the reply letter (the second) from the Chief Exec re my complaint on Friday afternoon. I am still not happy, but slowly, when pushed, they are admitting their errors and the appalling way I have been treated. As I go into hospital on Tuesday, I have decided to respond after I come out, I really don't need the stress and strain now. Being a cynic I think they timed it that way, because they knew it would be the case. I'll have the surgery, then see where we go from there. The goal was always to have successful surgery, which will be measured in terms of my recovery.

I had asked them for a copy of the referal letter that they had received from the Consultant I saw at my local hospital, which I received. It had a history of what had happened at the 2 appointments, my MRI results and their opinion and clinically it made very grim reading. It was only because periodically it mentioned my name that I could get my head around the fact it related to me at all. That this was my body that was falling apart. So much of what was going on back then (April/May) I had forgotten about. I have PTSD anyway and I know I compartmentalise things, obviously I had done with this. It was a massive wake up call to me. I know that I would be in deep deep trouble without the meds, I have been so lucky they worked so well. Reading about the times I had physically collapsed because of the pain, the time I ended up carted off by the police to a mental hospital in handcuffs because of the pain/panic/hyperventilating cycles that went on and on, and the time I was taken to A&E in shock from the pain and suffering from exhaustion was just horrible. And all that is still there...all the problems with my spine, all the pain that literally had me out my head, all the 'pain meets numbness' mobility problems are all still there, just masked by the medication. It's quite overwhelming really. And the journey isn't yet over. I still have to face the op. Incredibly, this time next week I'll probably be home again. Wow. I just hope and pray that it works and that without these meds I don't end up back where I was earlier this year. They want me to take them into hospital with me when I go and hand them over. I won't. I need a back up!!! Just in case!!!

And now to bed, not that I expect to get much sleep. Tomorrow (er, actually today now!) is my last day at work before the op and I have 1001 things to do. I'll settle for getting 5 done!!!

Best wishes

TFU

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

tfu, :cheerup:

just come on to wish you luck :goodluck: , we'll all be thinking of you, and yeh you'd be welcome for xmas dinner! :lol: roast pigeon!!!! (can't lift anything bigger!!!) :ok:

i was talking to gail :boing: and we were saying that we think they leave our complaints so long so that we have the op's, feel better, then can't be bothered to carry on with it!! :x , kings wrote back to my mp and admitted fault on their part! :steam: and he has advised me to write to the C E, but i'm not doing it yet, i got too much to sort first.

oh my op was booked for jan!, and i was told if i postpone again, then i'd go back to the begining!! but i can only wait as see what i'm going to do, i have a new pre-op on 4th jan, i'll go to that if i can, but they have to operate within the 3 months after! and if i have to postpone it again, i'll just go to my gp, and go that way to get back on the waiting list, ~~~oh happy days!!!! :wah:

and oh yeh keep your meds!! you should always keep back-up!

anyway take care :hug: , you'll be fine, i'll look out for your return :magic: , all the best

:rose:mandy:rose:x

• Posted

Hi Truly,

I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK for your operation. I will be thinking about you. Just concentrate on you for now and your recovery. I was so nervous about the op that I found it helpful to focus on recovery. I'm sure you'll be fine and look forward to you keeping us posted as to how you are. :D

Best wishes and just remember that Wednesday's op will hopefully be the beginning of a better, brighter future for you.

Take care, :hug:

Jules xx :D :D

• Posted

Thanks Mandy and Jules,

You girls have been great. Jules I want as good as recovery as you've had, minus the wound infection of course :D :D :D

And Mandy re your op date.......Once they have given you two dates with at least three weeks notice each time and you turn down both, your clock gets re-set to zero (their expression) and you get referred back to your GP. Much better to accept the second date even if you don't want it and then cancel just before with a bad cold or something. That way, you defer (again, their expression), but you don't get kicked off the list. And some lucky sod gets a call about a cancelled op that they can have.

Roast pigeon eh!!! Yum Yum :lol: :lol: :lol: With heaps of roast potatoes. As you can't lift much though I guess it's lots for me and none for you!!!!

Best wishes

TFU

• Posted

best wishes and good luck tfu i hope everything goes well for u and youll soon b on the road to recovery

good luck!

chris :lol:

• Posted

Thanks Chris.

It's now 7.20 pm and I'm still at work. So much still to do. Was supposed to finish at 5.30. No chance. With a bit of luck I will be out of here by 9.

How are you doing???

TFU

• Posted

ahh not so bad finally got some decent pain relief from the doctor made an appointment couldnt see my own gp so they gave me the new guy,turned out to be someone who actually listened and was sympathetic he gave me MST continous 1 every 12 hours and sevredol 1 every 4 hours for breakthrough pain bloody needed it fell getting out of the car on wed and started it all off again

hope you get home soon tfu and so sorry to hear they messed u about again

best wishes

chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.