It’s never lupus.. or is it?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello guys.

Since summer 2019 i've had dark red butterfly rashes.

After my aunt pointed them out to me I went straight to the doctors where I got a cream for rosacea (because that's what my doctor said it was). I tried the cream for one week, after that I couldn't take it anymore. The cream made everything much worse. The rash got even darker and started to itch.

After that I did not go back to the dr. because I was hopeful it would resolve on it's own.

Now after one year I have insomnia, headaches, body aches, mouth ulcers, etc.. I could deal with that. Now my eyelashes are falling out.

I have a doctors appointment in October but I'm scared. How high is the probability that this is Lupus? I can't sleep at night because my anxiety is getting the better of me.

So just so I can have clarity I wanted to ask if anyone can calm me down. Do you think it could be Lupus and how do I get the doctor to test me for it?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Be ur best advocate and ask for antibody testing. Especially as u had the butterfly redness on the face.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.