It’s not a uti then what?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I Went to the doctor about 3 weeks ago about lower abdominal pressure and i was peeing a lot so i assumed it was a uti but when the tested they said it was negative but had a trace of luekoctye im still peeing alot not to much pressure should I go back what could it be?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My last experience with a UTI was exactly the pressure you mention.

It lasted long after my infection cleared out.

So it could be that, if you're really getting better, your infection resolved itself without any antibiotics and you are now in the recovery period.

I don't know what you mean when you say that you pee a lot.

If you drink a lot and you pee a lot, than that's ok.

But if you don't drink that much and still have a feeling that you have to go and when you do there are only a few drops, than that's not OK. Especially if you feel that it burns.

I'd monitor the symptoms and ask for another test.

• Posted

It's infinitely better to write a letter to your practice and state in that letter that you are aware that an infection can be present although that is not readily seen on primary tests. If you still feel that your urinary system is not right then make sure they pay attention to what you are experiencing.

My personal experience confirms that even some urologists are not entirely blameless in making mistakes. Look at the discussion I had with a very experienced special evaluation emergency hospital nurse. She quoted her day had a catheter in for 3 months he did not need! I said to her what do you think about a urologist stating that an bacterial infection cannot be passed to an intimate partner. She agreed with me when she said well how do sexually transmitted diseases occur then? Of course these diseases are bacterial in nature. The word 'nuts' comes to mind re his experience.............. He may well be an excellent surgeon re 'stones' but that appears to be his limit.

I was told by a lady GP that UTI's wont kill you but C Diff can..... she is wrong re certain UTI's if left untreated of which there are a few. In any case why leave someone to suffer when their suffereing can be halted? Put pen to paper and deliver that letter to your surgery. Address it to the actual doctor or the surgery manager..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.