It's not you, it's just anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am looking through the posts and I wish I could hold some of you by your shoulders and tell you that your chest tightness is not a heart attack. That feeling in your stomach is not cancer. Your headache is not a brain tumor. Stop Googling your symptoms. Stop thinking the worst possible scenario. I know it's hard, but you can do it. I did it. I am not cured of anxiety, but no longer obsessed with my health... And if it is something serious then I'll deal with it AFTER I know what it is and if I die then I die, but I will NOT live in fear. Please understand what I am saying. I am not saying your illness is not real. It's as real as it comes. I am saying that your feelings and emotions are sensations are betraying you. Your worst enemy is YOU. You are not your depression, your anxiety, your hypochondria, your bipolar, or anything else. We are all flawed, but there is no external threat. Your anxiety is a reaction to the world around you and I am telling you that there is no external threat. The only threat is the negative thought cycle that you are refusing to break. Sometimes I just want to shake someone who is living in fear because we get this one life time and I'll be damned if I or anyone else I can help is going to waste it in fear and sadness. I don't think depression and anxiety are illnesses. I am convinced they are temporary disorders that can be cured. Please understand that you fear is driving your condition. Accept the fear, don't fight. Every time you have a heart palpitation, go for a walk. If you feel like your stomach is aching, run until you can't breath. Take a shower, shave, go for a walk by the beach, do something to inspire your self and break the damn cycle of fear. Don't waste your life, please.

Feel free to message me directly. 

7 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I noticed myself and others have answered peoples posts telling them we have exact same symptoms, they r not dying it's just anxiety. And then 2 days later I see the person post again, asking the same questions as if no one answered them just days before.

I just want to grab them by the shoulders also and be like WE JUST TOLD YOU WE HAVE THE SAME THING! Lol It's your anxiety!!!

• Posted

Absolutely. They have to break that negative cycle of thinking. Life is too short to waste it on Googling your symptoms. In my case, it's most likely nothing and that stomachache is usually just gas and good fart will cure me LOL. While many others will call 911 as if they are having a sudden cancer scare.... I've been there, I fixed myself. Never again will I worry about my health in that way. I'll take care of myself as best as I can and I die then I die, but at least I was happy and not worried about this stuff

• Posted

Great post! Just leaving this message to keep it at the top. cheesygrin
  • Posted

Definitely. Don't get me wrong, i worried near daily for 2 years solid about my health anxieties... i had all manner of symptoms that in my last bout of it, and at the time were all 'deadly' illness out to get me and it was only a matter of time. But the only way i've reduced the phsyical symptoms is by mindfullness, reading self help guides and techniques again, speaking with my doctor and re-wiring my thought process. I still have mixed anxiety and depressive disorder, but i'm slowly learning ways to help manage it best and the phsyical symptoms like the pins/needles, pains, aches, dizzyness, constant headaches, weak limbs, throat pain etc. They're no where near as bad. Sure i still get bouts of nausea, panic attacks, tension headaches, but not as often and i'm not googling now so that's helping massively. Given all the many many test results i've had back ok, if it were something serious i'd be dead by now.

Can't say it won't happen in the future but i'll try to worry about it then. I've spent the last 15 or so years with some form of anxiety so i reckon i'm a natural born worrier, but i've also made sooo much progress in that time. Just need to remember to remind myself of this when i'm putting pressure on myself at work 😂 or find a less stressful career. Haha.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.