It's probably my GAD but does it sound like the DWP is implementing the tribunal's decision?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I attended a tribunal on the 3rd of May and I won. I scored 23 points on daily living and 12 for mobility. Yesterday, I received a letter asking about any hospital stays and asking for my bank details which I actually had to double check it made me that anxious. I'm just worrying that something else just might happen.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Do you have another psychiatric illness that caused the GAD? Or did you simply assess it yourself as a stand alone condition?
    • Posted

To get those points is amazing.

I have frontal lobe damage and was diagnosed with PTSD which caused Depression & Anziety. I manage to cope with everything thanks to the medication and my will in not giving in to it. Hence when I tested myself for PIP I only scored 4 points so didn't bother to do the transition from DLA to PIP.

• Posted

I have other conditions. Partial epilepsy, severe depressive episodes and panic attacks. 
    • Posted

I only got four on both on my initial assessment and reconsideration. 
    • Posted

Sometimes, you may not be giving yourself points where you should. Think about how each individual condition affects each other.  I'm still in awe over my result and it was supposed to be an oral hearing but it was determined on paper only. I gave them everything from every professional, each detailing how my conditions affect me and how they satisfy the different descriptors and you should do that. Even if the DWP deny you, it's probably going to work out at tribunal.
    • Posted

I am still amazed. However if that is what they agreed should be the case who am I to suggest otherwise.

As for self assessing - I am the only one that knows how my life is and how the problems have or don't have an impact.

Even now - 21 years down the line, I am fully aware of situations that I cannot and must not get into. My wife is forever watchful of what I do and where I go.

I have a long history of 'flash backs' and violence that if I feel that I am in danger once again - fight or flight kicks in. It isn't the first time that I believed that some imaginary sound of a voice was real and had to protect myself - once put a guy who was behind me in a queue in Boots on the floor!

However I have learned how to cope and alter how I live - hence I can't claim that I still have those problems when I don't because I remove myself from them before it becomes a problem.

I gave realistic and totally honest answers to the test and the result was 4 points.

• Posted

Hi Declan

Any hospital stays over 28 days would affect your benefit so the DWP are just checking. Having won your tribunal and being awarded so many points I wouldn't worry too much. Just give the DWP the information they have requested.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.