It's so nice to find this site - Ive been taking Lisinopril

Posted , 1 user is following.

It's so nice to find this site - Ive been taking lisinopril for some months and find it does give me a cough but no too bad a one. My skin does itch though - & I suffer really bad indigestion at night {when I am told I must take the pill} no matter what eat; antacids or Zantac seem to do little or no good. Does anyone else have the same problem?

[i:e6d3251d65]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:e6d3251d65]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i had same experience and now take lansoprazole 30 mg to counteract indigestion no more problems
  • Posted

I take my 2.5mg in the [b:bf43df4053]morning[/b:bf43df4053], with breakfast and have not had any problem with it. Perhaps you could try changing the time you take it.
  • Posted

I take my 5mg 1st thing before breakfast and have had no side effects that I am aware of.

Mum took same dosage and got rhe cough but it has gone now she is on different meds.

best thing is my BP dropped from 140/110 9at worst) to 100/65 (2 days ago) so i am feeling much better.

• Posted

A general winge about this site; we have lots of separate threads, but no easy way for the new Lisinopril user to get an overall view. Also, whenif ever, arecomments monitored professionall? So suggest that this site

1) be rationalised by an IT expert, and (2) monitored by an identified, if anonymous GP or pharmacist.

In my case

1) I,ve been explicitly instructed to take pill in the morning, and

2) I experience a number of minor side effects, including mood swings, feeling hot one minute & cold the next. But how do I know that these are not caused by something else? e.g. the treatment i had for prostrate cancer in March 09 ? As the 18th century philosopher Berkely said: ' one result can have an infinity of causes'

• Posted

Hi Mike

Thank you for your comments, which have been noted by the clinical editors and they will post a response in due course. In the meantime could we direct you to our leaflet? - https://patient.info/medicine/Lisinopril.htm

We would also advise that if you are experiencing unusual symptoms, you should contact your surgery.

Thank you

Site Admin, Patient UK

• Posted

Good morning Mike

To keep up to date with comments that have been posted to threads, registered members of the forum have access to the \"What Did I Miss\" function - this displays all postings made on the site since your last visit.

Members also have the option of \"Watch this experience for replies\" - when you sign up to this, anytime someone posts a reply, you get alerted by email and a direct link through to the posting.

These are two of the added bonuses of registering with Patient UK Experience.

Regards

Lin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.