It's the morning after my PAE

Posted , 6 users are following.

During the night felt some urgency and a little burning at the tip of my penis .....a little painful around the groin...couple of pain killers...Took care of that....seems like I have started having a little difficulty taking a pee ...suspect bit of swelling I the prostrate area around the urethra. No blood in urine all good ...feeling very optimistic ...Doctors were great so far so good. ....will be checking out this morning after the doc comes to check up on me..( 'checking out '. probably not a good term to use in hospitals)

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Swelling is normal but needs to be controlled.  I was told to take an ibuprofen every 4-6 hours to keep the swelling from shutting down the flow.  I found it makes a very big difference even if not needed for pain.  Of course ask your doctor about it first and follow your doctors instructions.
    • Posted

A lot of BPH sufferers used to take an ibuprofen at night as it helped cut down the number of times they had to get up.

My wife used to say if seeing a light on during the night that it must be someone upwith a sick child, now she knows different!.

• Posted

I had the exact same sensations, after my PAE procedure. I had mine 8 days ago, i decided not to do the pain pills...for some reason I wanted to feel what part of my body felt different and for how long. One part would hurt for a day, the next day it would be an entirely different area. All in all the pain has dissipated, feeling much better and looking forward...one day at a time!
    • Posted

Hi did it take a while to get a good urine flow and did the pain subside after 23 days or hang around longer
    • Posted

I only had my PAE procedure 8 days ago, but my flow is better and it already emptys my bladder more after the 8 days than anything else has done over the last few years of suffering through my BPH. My pain decreased more each day, and is almost gone completely so far.

This technology is a blessing for us all who've suffered through this as well as our families. I've started back working out, all though slowly on my Lifecycle and my Life rowing machine. Ill start my daily morning 3 mile runs soon as well. Taking back my life just feels right. Blessed and appreciative!

• Posted

Peter, you're doing great. I had LOTS of burning and urgency. No one had warned me of this so I thought something must have gone wrong. Being number three. there wasn't much previous experience to go on. 

By day four all urgency, burning and pain was gone and things just got better and better.

Hoping for a great outcome for you. 

• Posted

Could you tell me how you organised your PAE, I am in the East Midlands and the only hospital I can find that offers a PAE is in Southampton? How much does it cost. Sorry to ask such basic questions, but I don't want a TURP which I was offered and my symptoms continue to get worse. Thanks for any help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.