It's time...

Posted , 10 users are following.

To say goodbye. I've only been here a short time and in that time i've helped and adviced so many people. Most of the time it's mostly just me advicing with the one or two here and there. I'm fed up of the disagreements with a lot of my advice. I don't have to advice anyone but i chose to do that. I'm not here to angue with anyone on what's right or wrong. I did my research when i went through PIP and ESA so yes i do know what i'm talking about. Obviously there's some that don't agree with the advice i give. Had enough so off i go on my travels. Have enough going on daily without the petty little disagreements. Hopefully those needing help will get the help they're asking for. Bye bye.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Denise,

whilst I for one will be sorry to see you go, I can fully understand how you feel. There have been some really petty squabbles on here, mostly because some people don't like what they are hearing, my answer to that is - why ask then!  

I do try to help wherever I can, however I was extremely lucky to transfer from DLA to PIP without any problems, so do not have the experience you have, like you say, you did your research.  I  gained advice from this and other forums and did a lot of research before filling in the PIP forms, which apart from having very genuine health problems, probably helped me to succeed.  As we all know a lot of assessors for whatever reason, sometimes twist what the applicant is saying which can lose them the benefit.  

All the very best to you Denise, take care of yourself. xx

• Posted

Hello Denise,  I will also be sorry to see you go. When I saw that you had replied to people's questions  I knew I was going to read some sound advice. It is such a shame that you get people who do not like what they are reading & maybe because it is not what they wanted to hear decide it will be clever to disagree.  Have fun on your travels.  I for one will miss your sound advice & knowledge.

• Posted

i apritated the advise u gave me dont let peoples negative comments get to u ur helped me ans sure many people so please stay
  • Posted

Hi Denise.

Sorry to hear that you decided to go. I have a good friend who was knowledgeable, just like you but above all else funny. He tried to get others to see no matter how bad it is try to see the humourous side. he joined forums and same as you got despondent with bickering. same as you said he'd had enough of tittle tattle. Next thing he knows it's him that's been removed from forum without notice. Please think again bout your decision. Are the fools going to have their own way. Forums need people like you. Don't let them get to you. My friend did, and he's tried to no avail to get back on. If you go, good luck and I for one will miss your posts. Take care. All the best. Ian. Xx

• Posted

Please think twice before leaving. I for one appreciate the advice you have given me and others. I always read your postings even if I do not take part in those particular threads because you always give sound advice and you will be missed if you leave.
  • Posted

Hi,

Also very sorry, but no surprises, about your leaving the site.

When I joined it was only for advice from simular patient experiences, but somehow it has turned into a mums net of moaners.

Best wishes,

Mike.

• Posted

Please don't go Denise.  I read all your answers and boy do you know a lot about the system.  I have learnt a lot from you.  You are one of the main sources of help on here. 

I do understand though as I have recently left another site on here because of the lack of replies and arguments,  and whenever I posted (rarely) I got virtually no help.  Several times I was slagged off.  x

• Posted

Hi Denise, sorry you are going, you give sensible well thought out advice, which is what this site is meant to be about. I agree that recently there have been some very aggressive people, turning it into personal arguments. Please can someone sort this out, there are other places on the Internet for this unpleasant backbiting, keep this place safe and useful
  • Posted

Thank you all for your very kind words, they really do mean a lot!! I have given it all more thought and i do like helping people. It's in my nature. For this reason i'm going to ignore those that annoy me and stay..at least for now. We'll see how it goes. Thank you all once again!! <3 xx

• Posted

That's good news Denise.   You help so many people on here so concentrate on those instead of the idiots.  I know a bit coz I used to work for the DWP a few years ago and do keep up with the changes.  I know nowhere near as much as you do though - your replies are brilliant.  x

• Posted

Thank you hypercat. Someone asked me a few weeks ago if i work for DWP..nope, never have, never will. I did my research and plenty of it. Some things i don't know i must admit. Some things are just too complicated lol xx

• Posted

Yeah, that's brilliant news Denise, don't let the B's get you down.  xx  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.