It seems I'm not getting notifications on this forum? Any Suggestions?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I used to have a significant amount of notifications when I'd open up my profile? Now it only shows 5 - 10 at the most? I used to have pages of new posts. Is anyone else having this problem??? Thanks!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

yes!

for years i had loads of daily posts, then a few months ago nothing...now occasionally a post or two turns up!

plus, writing posts from an iphone is very different as you can see...!

• Posted

I was having the same thing happen to me. I don't remember what I did. But I think I went into my settings and it showed that my email had been blocked. I clicked on unblock(or something similiar) and viola! I was getting notifications again!

• Posted

YES! I went into my account and then into the email setting. In the section where it said how frequent to receive email notifications "sometimes" was checked. I unchecked that and checked "always." I just did it so don't know if thats the solution...hoping it helps.

• Posted

HiFinny!

Long time no talk?

Well i got your post, have you been getting posts yet? Hope so.

Ive had a few better days.but definitely slow going.

Slow and steady does it.

I know I am far from well when my son wants to watch a scary movie like 'the exorcism of Emily rose'

Gpod heavens NOT a memo movie to be watching.

Ans I can't even look or hear it without getting fearful and scared..

I put the patch of estrogenback on.. and small dose progesterone along with some nifty supplements and away we go!

Talk soon

I need to start posting more, it's good to help and be helped in return.

Xoxo

• Posted

Hi Maui! How are you? I haven't been on the forum as much. I really miss you guys! I'm doing okay. Last Monday I felt like my old self. But then the rest of the week and this week have been a bit of a struggle. Just low mood, especially in the morning. But as the day wears on I feel a bit better. Just praying, and doing the best I can.

• Posted

Totally hear ya Juanita

the morning dreds and the evening reprieve. Even that is changing a bit for me.

Sometimes there is not much of relief in the evenings. I had a pretty good run there of about 3-4 days that i felt solid. Its unreal how good i used to feel most of the time, and now ...well..we know now how it aint the same.

Im having some difficulites with work and im thinking that maybe a career change is in order at least a modification of the one i have.

Im thinking that you too are wanting to do the wedding photography and you should! You really should go chase down that joy girl, because you deserve it, we all do.

xox

• Posted

Thank you Maui. I think I feel better in the evenings because I'm away from my job. I can't retire right now because of bills and I need the healthcare. I pray everyday that the Lord will make a way for me to retire soon(I mean I always tell him I don't want it to be because of anything bad). I am also having some things happen at my job that makes me want to just turn in my resignation. Most days I feel it is sucking the life out of me and actually I feel I am no longer needed.

I'm trying to sell my house and it's not in great condition every creak and I think it's falling down around me, so sometimes even being at home is stressful, but I am trying not to stress as it does NO good. Maui, sometimes I feel like I'm carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. I don't know why I feel this way. But then I think of this scripture:" Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you".

But you are right we all deserve that joy.

I too think about how good I used to feel, all day, seven days a week. 😃

I hope you can get things worked out on your job and I hope we are moving towards feeling better. I don't know about you, but the days I feel good, I relish those!

• Posted

Hey

Yeah,

Work is a double edged sword. we need the insurance, pay the bills, but its sooo drainingg. I dont personally think that i should be working. Im not in the right mental frame of mind to actually do this and raise my boys and be unwell im not getting better, just coping.

Its a bit too much sometimes to realize that i am in my 50's and just not getting better, only a few short bursts a day here and there. Something definitely is not right.

So its like i cant heal, because i dont know how to help myself and i nee d to be out there earning the bacon and stressed all the time about my kids an my own sanity.

its a party.

that scripture takes courage, and its a great scripture. I will try it.

I use humor when im not too low in my mood and it helps a bit, but when im really low like keel up in corner low, then nothing really works.

yes at some point we will stumble across that joy. I will find it in helping other ladies for sure, at least donate part of my time, and other things to make me happy.

Sell that house girl, go to Portugal ! (i have a feeling you would like the men there..;)

x0x0x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.