It was very painful (male)

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had cystoscopy today and it was painful for me. They used anesthetic gel, but I could feel how painful the camera was passing through the urethra. I feel a bad burning pain during passing the urine on the tip of my penis. I hope this pain disappears quickly. I do not want to experience it again. I think depend on the doctor and patient different persons have different experiences of cystoscopy.   

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear of your bad experience! Do you live in the U.S.?  My doc puts his patients out during this procedure...didn't feel anything until I urinated after I got home.  A little sore first few times, but then no pain at all. I wish you well and hope the findings are all normal and good!

Patty

• Posted

I am living in Scotland. It was not a good experience at all. During the examination a kind nurse who was helping doc was telling me to play with my toes to forget the pain!!! I was pushing my toes inside of my shoes and it helped me more than anesthetic gel!!! Fortunately, they could not find anything abnormal in the bladder.

Vahid 

• Posted

Not a lot of chance of a general Anaesthtic under the NHS -  It is like pain is part of the deal :-(
  • Posted

Join the club! Pretty nightmare-ish for me too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.