It will be a week tomorrow since my hemorroidectomy…

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I know that one day things will get better, and it's early days now but Blimey Charlie!! This is a horrible experience. The worst thing (apart from the pain) is this constant need to poop. Every time i go to do a wee, out comes a small poop as well. The cleaning seems to take ages and it's exhausting. The burning afterwards lasts for several hours even though i clean myself well and use Bepanthen cream and Vaseline on the area. Life is a different normal now, and it sucks! (As I'm sure you all know).

I'm not taking any extra fibre (Metamucil, psyllium etc) and eating very little- where does all this poop come from, haha! Sorry to be whingeing but does anyone else have a bm 6 or7 times a day? Any advice please?

Von xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Von, thanks for sharing! I am on day nine now... it's brutal isn't it?! It gets better though.. I was on 6 bm a day until a few days ago but now one or two a day (for now lol) The cleaning really is exhausting isnt it?! I started putting wet wipes in the fridge to make them cold - that helps alot. Drinking lots and lots of water - water is your best friend now! and raisins lol I am using Preperation H gel after a bm instead of vasaline and creams as gels more cooling and soothing I found... Hope this helps!

Mal x

• Posted

Hi Mal, how are you doing? Thanks for the tip re gel, I'll try that. It's freezing here at the moment so not sure about putting the wipes in the fridge, but it sounds logical! The burning is excruciating after a BM.

A warm sitz bath really helps, and squeeze bottles to clean the area thoroughly after going to the loo. You're right, it's pretty exhausting!

Did you change your diet after the op? I'm not eating much at all, but even so my body seems to generate lots to eliminate, haha! Glad to see that it does eventually lessen. Must be a great relief for you x

• Posted

Hi Von, pretty good here! It's funny, when people ask me how I am I respond with my bms lol Day 10 and I am on 2 in the morning, now just moderate to mild pain! No pain killers, plenty of water water water, dried prunes and raisins as snacks, a little stool softener at night and in the morning... seems to be working.

Wet wipes in the fridge does sound logical doesnt it?! I hadn't read that one before so I'm claiming it lol I haven't tried the bath sitz to be honest, my natural instinct the first few days was to crawl straight into the shower for 30mins but I'm at the point now where I dread cleaning just as much as the bm, it just takes so long and then you don't know how crappy you may feel after.

Totally 100% changed my diet after the operation. My diet is probably why I found myself in this situation lol Now it's some weetabix in the morning, soups and veg at lunch and a healthy ready made meal for dinner (I live alone and am not up for cooking yet) plus fruit and dried fruit here and there, and water of course. No alcohol, no caffeine, no red meat, no overly processed things... My body is naturally swerving things as my butthole knows the outcome lol Make sure you eat more though Von as you need fuel to heal faster and make you strong.

Update on the gel... gel and vasaline! just gel got a bit dry yesterday so a bit of vasaline helped loads.

How are you with leakage? I cannot find a good pad for the lift of me! Ugh! haha

Keep strong.

Malx

• Posted

Hi Mal- it sounds like you've turned a corner with your healing- wonderful! It's really good to get off the painkillers as soon as possible. Did you have opioids the first few days? I'm still taking panadol, mainly to avoid the pain of the dreaded BM's.

Your diet sounds really good; I have no appetite and have to force myself to eat. I've been a vegetarian for 30+ years so it wasn't so much my diet but trying to manage an autoimmune condition that causes lack of motility. Oh well, everybody has something!

So glad things are improving now for you

Von x

• Posted

Hi Von,

I'm on day day 9 now and as i need to pee a small bm follows but it leaves me in such pain after. I have a warm bath in the morning and it really helps sadly soothing effect is temporary.

I am trying to regulate stool softners as too soft I cant get clean and my butt is on fire . i get the hand shower on cool and gently spray but I suppose its going to be a long job. Never spent so much time getting clean, i agree its exhausting.

• Posted

Yes, the leakage! My goodness, it's so difficult regulating the softeners and fibre to get to the point of just having a regular, normal poop with no surprises, haha!

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth!

Oh blimey, yes! Why do we have that horrible burning?!! The only thing I find relieves it is the sitz bath filled with very warm water after every BM (and often inbetween). It's a pain drying yourself afterwards but it does help reduce swelling and relaxes the area. I've heard that some people use a hairdryer (on a cool setting) to dry things off.

That first BM was a doozy, eh! Terrifying feeling. Please let me know how you're doing 😃

• Posted

Hi ,

Well its day 11 and dare i think that things are a little better.?

Took the advice about sitz bath and had 3 yesterday. It did help, Last night took 2 stool softners and this morning had a BM without grinding teeth, now that's progress.

Only take ibruprofen when needed.

Yes, drying area with hair drier was recommended to me by a midwife after having my kids.

Not through the woods yet but what a difference a week + can make. and finding fellow sufferers who support each other.

How are you doing?

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth- that's so encouraging to hear you're doing well 😃 It's better without too many painkillers I think- I'm down to two panadol in the evenings so yes, progress! Glad the sitz bath is helping. I need to go to the bathroom again so will update later. Take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.