It won't go away, how may acne and sex be related?

Posted , 4 users are following.

This question has been circling in my mind for a while now...

?Is the fact I’m having more sex than I've ever had, the reason I’m getting way more acne

Keep reading if you have used Clindamycin Phosphate. (I need advice)

I’ve never had any huge breakouts for most of my life. Always had clear skin. Until I met someone and decided to go on to the implant, which I was using for probably 1-2 months, I hated the implant and had it removed as fast as they allowed me to. They tell us that the hormones leave your body, but I’m not sure if they have? Or if the implant (implanon) has caused permanent damage. 

I have been vegan/vegetarian for over a year, but recently in August 2017 I gradually went gluten free and unfortunately I wasn’t watching what I was eating for a few months. Gluten free products are processed, packed with tonnes of sugar and unhealthy fats which can cause candida overgrowth which can eventually lead/trigger  leaky-gut-syndrome thus leading to acne (your body begging to be healed)

I had already been causing my gut damage from being raised eating grains and dairy for years, thank god for books and articles!

I also meditate a lot and raise my vibration emotionally/spiritually so my body physically cannot eat low vibrational foods such as junk food, processed meats, dairy products, dairy free products, soy, soy lecithins, soya beans, tea, coffee, chocolate ( a part from one chunk of raw dark chocolate without soy/soy lecithins), biscuits or cheap poorly manufactured foods, phytates, etc. Grains have changed – they are not what they used to be. Wheat (heavily modified), barley, maize, rice, oats all contain proteins and other dodgy things that are extremely irritant for the gut wall and gut bacteria. - My source here: http://popthepimple.com/how-to-heal-gut-for-clear-skin/

So back to the acne and sex situation... For months me and my boyfriend were staying up late sometimes 1-3 am sometimes 4-5am because he had work until late (massage therapist) We were eating Red Thai curry with rice (GRAINS, SUGAR, FAT, GRR) without realising the damage this was doing. Bad habits... fun at the time. We once had an indian with dairy in :O I had serious cramping it was not healthy.

I hadn’t been exfoliating or using any products consistently either - but I am now.

My routine is actually working for me and my skin is starting to clear slightly.

?I use a washcloth in the mornings with water, then I cleanse using only water. (I might step up to a chemical exfoliant eventually) 

?I exfoliate with the washcloth in the evenings too, and then cleanse using biodermas gentle cleansing gel then wash it off thoroughly, splashing my face 8-10 times with water.

I splash my face with water to keep some moisture on my face and use a humectant before applying a moisturiser. Plus some good quality sun screen. (these tips I learnt from olena beley on youtube) - source - http://popthepimple.com/how-to-moisturize-like-a-pro/

I keep a food diary... I know my good and bad days.

I've started working out 5 times a week. (cardio, yoga, walks)

I stick to time-restricted eating. Which everyone should do!!

This is where you are supposed to eat in a 8-12 hour gap. Your liver has a circadian rhythm too! Not just the brain...( also learnt from olena beley) 

I do not eat anything processed any more, I eat fresh vegetables and fruit religiously! Around 5-7 a day of vegetables. I try to eat a small amount of fruit because fructose is still sugar (inflammatory) and I use lots of herbs and spices. Maca, hemp, linseed etc in breakfast smoothie. Healthy fats only. 

I currently take Optibac probiotics to help balance out bad bacteria in my gut (saccromyces boulardii) with vitamin D, zinc, vitamin C ( all I can afford right now but I plan to take all of the below) However, everyone who suffers with acne is deficient in: 

?Magnesium (even non-acne sufferers)

Vitamin D

Vitamin C

Iron

Zinc

?Glutathione (antioxidant)

?L-glutamine

NCA

So the main worry and anxiety I have is the acne and sex correlation.

My partner and I have a age gap relationship which makes me think that his gut bacteria, which can be found in his digestive tract (saliva) is contaminating me whenever we are kissing, as he is older he's had a lot more time to eat junk and not take care of his gut flora... and I feel like i'm the one suffering, especially long tongue kissing... Also, when we have oral sex I get a yeast infection or just generally itchy down there. We also sometimes have sex 2 times a day or it can even be 3-4 times a day if we have time. This isn't everyday. The days we are apart my acne starts to heal (I don't know if i'm imagining it) But we have sex lots during the week because we are quite horny for each other.

...and he also has stubble (which is irritating to my skin and stimulates oil production, clogging the pores) he is being respectful and not kissing me too roughly any more and avoiding getting saliva on my face/grabbing my face during sex.

But sometimes I still feel sore around my chin after a long session of making out and love making ( it feels so unavoidable sad )

He is so understanding and listens to me and we have been cooking healthy food when I stay over (which is 3-4 times week) he is making an effort. He used to be super healthy and on a raw food diet but before he was with me due to circumstances he developed bad/lazy eating habits.

?Also to prove candida overgrowth: he has athletes foot. 

So, my main questions are:

Is there any ?evidence to prove the relationship between lots of sex and acne outbreaks?

?Why isn't this a largely spoken about topic?

Also who has used: Clindamycin Phosphate? I'd like to know other people's experiences

Are my hormones going crazy because of all the sex? 

Should I take a break from sex and see if my acne goes away? The thing that makes me worry is that he would lose interest or it would kill the spark if we can't even kiss because it's causing breakouts. He loves shoving his tongue down my throat ... often. Ha ha!

Has anyone else experienced a problem with sex and acne? Hormonal acne that just doesn't go away? Implant removal acne? 

Please help!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

oh so many questions , the one thing you don't actually say how old you  first acne can clear up as you get older its mainly through hormones pumping through your body ,you don't need to cut out all sorts of food types just eat them it in moderate portions plenty of fresh fruit and veg loads of water  plus don't strip all your skin of its natural oils that one big mistake .. plenty of exercise isn't a problem but make sure you drink plenty of fluids while your doing it , bum fluff on your partners chin well yeah  I understand were your going tell him to get a shave or shave him and as for sex hun that wont cause your acne to get any worse and the last thing the more you stress about it the more it will play up so don't  it,l clear up

• Posted

Hi acne is caused by your sebacious glands which produce too much oil.  Keep your skin clean (but don't over clean otherwise you could destroy all the good bacteria on your face to).  A good healthy diet might help too.  x

• Posted

Hi, 

I don't think it would be related. I've not heard of this anyway. 

Have you asked your doctor for retinoids?  

I wish you the best of luck! 

Best,

Jonathan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.