IT WORKS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Update from my previous post: just yesterday I tried using Head & Shoulders shampoo as a body wash and also applied the Dermalex cream which waas bought from the pharmacy, to the affected areas and this morning I have woken up to HUGE improvements!!! Literally overnightt!! When doctors say there is nothing to do but wait it this is a LIE. I think dermalex is possibly prescribed to those with actual psoariasis rather than rosea but it has made such a huge difference for me smile 

I spoke to my step mum who is a dermatologist and she told me to avoid sun beds as if you tan easily (which I do) it can leave the affected areas darker than everywhere else.

Hope this helped xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, head and shoulders or other similar shampoos WORKS.  Also, sun bathing and dipping in the ocean as in salt water. I experienced an amazing recovery when I became very serious about doing these things.  Not a sun bed please!!  These devilish dots were on my chest, my lower belly, my back, in my arm pits, on my neck, between my legs, on my upper thighs and some along my jaw line.  The itching was maddening.  Clobetizol ( prescription strength) cortisone cream helped somewhat.  I am completely free of any dots.  The only reminder I have is where the dermatologist did a biopsy on my inner forearm where the "herald" patch was. Btw, I also had a second herald patch on the back of my neck near my hairline.  These were with me for about two weeks, maybe longer before the rash cpstarted coming in in waves.  Hope this helps with diagnosis and treatment.  It does go away.  Stress is often a factor in any illness. That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  Carole

• Posted

I now the skin ' lesions' ( didn't have a rash ...some lesions grew to size of 50p piece and started changing shape and merging) for 3 months....saw 3 different dermatologists ( 3 different diagnosis including scabbies) Finally pityriasis confirmed with a skin biopsy. I was also prescribed  Clobetizol ( prescription strength). The lesions  then turned scabby and now the skin is peeling and turned dark. The skin was never itchy or painful. The only parts not affected were face and neck. The sun ( or maybe it's the heat ) makes the 'rash' go red again. I will definitly try the Head & Shoulders and hopefully will get rid of it after 3 months.

​Did anyone also have raised veins especilally on hands going up the forearms and also on ankles and legs where the lesions sat and the skin became raised and lumpy? No pain or itching just unslightly.

• Posted

I have noticed the same raised veins you mentioned on my forearm just below the wrist where a mark is.  I have a dozen or so marks between both my forearms, and LOADS across my torso and back with a few of my shins.

I have been living with this for 12 years now... I would go through being completely clear for years, to having very minimal coverage, but the last year I have had a crazy amount covering my skin...

It is extremely unbearable and quite frankly makes me wonder what all I have missed out on because of this condition.

I can't say they itch at all or are painful, or maybe it's just that I have lived with it for so long I am just used to it, but I REALLY wish it would just go away.

I have tried virtually everything out there on the subject... pretty well given up hope.

• Posted

Just back from a short holiday on the ocean..the cold, pollution- free sea wind seems to have done woners for my PR...all disappeared (after over 3 months of it) so no more steroid creams (being weaned off oral steroids given for joint swelling) perhaps just a big coinicdence and the PR has run its course? However still have those awful looking raised veins....but dont bother me as much....

​I  am shocked your PR keeps returning ,the Derm  told me it was only a once in life time occurence!!..

• Posted

The steroid lotion/cream(clobetizol) can make the skin THINNER. That is what my dermatologist told me before I used it. It will make the vein showed for some people. My doctor said if it makes me skin thinner, stop using it. However, for my case, it hasn't done so but after stop using clobrtizol, the red dots keep coming back every 2 weeks for 5 years now...so depressing. And I'm now pregnant. The red dots got worse and expanding. What a life. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Thanks saz

Thats what i now been told and that it will take time to recover but I will bruise easily...already do that now anyway !!.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.