Itch and white stuff 5 days after fluconazole

Posted , 1 user is following.

So 5 days ago I took a single dose of fluconazole 150 mg for a yeast infection that had just started to bother me. I've has this treatment before but this time I haven't had much discharge after taking the dose. Today I started to feel that "internal itch" and when I checked down there with a mirror I noticed that there's a loooot of chunky white stuff in my vagina (I normally get a white and watery discharge with yeast and only get the chunky discharge a day after fluconazole).

Is this normal? Is it normal for it to be still uncomfortable after 5 days, and is it normal that it hasn't all gotten out of my body?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sometimes a yeast infection can be hard to get rid of. If you don't treat your partner, he can give it back to you (he can catch it off you but men can be asymptomatic). Sometimes one fluconazole doesn't clear all of it and it can recur. I always take another 150mg tablet 3 days after the first and that usually does the trick. If not, you can get longer term doses on prescription (e.g. 50mg per day over 2 weeks or a month). If you keep getting yeast infections you need to change your diet (no added sugar - yeast feeds on sugar and anything sweet in fact, so no sweeteners either) and take natural suppliments that are anti yeast daily e.g. pro and pre biotics, garlic, oregano oil, rosamary, thyme, cinnamon, cloves, resveratrol, caprylic acid (coconut oil). That was the only way i stopped my recurrent yeast infections.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.