itch relief of eczema

Posted , 5 users are following.

For years I have suffered unbearable itching from eczema caused by varicose veins and poor circulation. Emollient creams and hydrocortisone cream only seem to make it worse. On one of these websites I found a reference to grated nutmeg. I find, when moistened, it gives immediate relief, almost miraculous. Now I sleep well. No need for nightly ice bags. :D

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have the very same things so i can sympathise with how you feel - the itching can make you scratch until you get sores. I use sensitive soul which has lavender, chamomile and calendula. It really helps with the itch.Obviously it doesn't cure it but it settles everything down. I can use it as often as i like and i'll tell you once you stop the itching it does get better. Hope you get better.
    • Posted

Hello I have had Eczema all my life and tried everything under the sun. Below is how I am managing to keep on top of things 

Eating lots of wholegrains, fruit, vegetables, pulses, nuts & seeds, lean protein

Cut down on dairy & sugar

Use pure chimps super combo

Take a daily probiotic tablet, use honey too sweeten things (both boost your immune system)

Take a multivitamin every day

Hope this can help people like it did me. Took me a while to figure it out (it all starts from within).

• Posted

I realise this is an old post but I wanted to share with you what I know about emu oil. I started using it in February after a complete stranger told me about it. It's been brilliant for me. It's stopped me itching so almost all of the redness and scaly skin has gone! I can see where my patches were but to anyone else it's pretty much invisible. The Emu Oil Well where I get it still does one free sample for new customers and that does go a long way. If it worked for me it must work for others!
  • Posted

Hi there guest, i also suffer from this ubearable itching i have mild eczema but the constant daily itching is driving me crazy, i use emollient creams E45 does sooth the itching for a wee while but always comes back, can you tell me a wee bit more about the grated nutmeg thanks biggrin
    • Posted

Hi, I don't know anything about grated nutmeg, but I have never found E45 to be good enough for my eczema. Have you tried doublebase gel? Your doctor should be able to prescribe it you.

Hopefully someone else can sort you out with the nutmeg thing. I wouldn't mind giving it a go myself, just to see x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.