Itch went away....then came back

Posted ,

I have tried everything and been suffering for a year with an anal itch.

for a month it completely disappeared and then it returned. I was absolutely over the moon and thought I had cracked it (pun not intended)

I was using cotton wool balls and water after going to the toilet and I assumed this had contributed to it going away but I haven't done anything different and it came back

I have been to doctor and been referred to colorectal but who knows when i'll get seen there with covid situation

I do have health anxiety and I get myself worried that this itch could be liked to something more serious. I try to tell myself if it was something serious it wouldn't have disappeared for a month before reappearing and I'd surely have other symptoms?!?

has anyone experienced anything similar?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.