Itchiness caused by fungus overgrowth

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. For the last two months more and less I've noticed I felt very itchy on my outside vaginal  area with no abnormal discharge, just very itchy especially in the evening. It became red and swollen. I also noticed at that time white on my tongue so I knew it was a fungus causing it. I had nystatin drops which help  me with my tongue/throat pain. I still have itchy feelings in my vulva and bottom that seems to get aggravated when I eat certain things such as sweets like chocolate. I'm scared I've developed diabetes of some type and not be able to be back to normal. I've seen a doctor about my itchiness especially in my vaginal area/ bottom and she gave me a cream for it hydrocortisone which helped a bit but didn't got rid completely of the itchiness. I think the fungus is inside me in my gut too as I feel itchy in other parts of my body. If so what are  the best medications to treat it? 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I heard that cayenne pepper and other super spicy peppers help kill the fungus so try eating that for a couple of weeks. Also full fat milk has hormones that make you produce more vaginal fluid which seemed to get rid of a vaginal yeast infection I had. For itchy skin try antifungal cream.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. Interesting... Spicy food helping with the fungus. I'll try that. I'm applying for over a week now a antifungal cream with hydrocortisone and it's seems less itchy. One thing I'm sticking to is not to eat any sweets as sugar can make the yeast grow more. It's really hard !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.