Itching

Posted , 28 users are following.

Hi i have been taking these for 4 weeks now. I was on Rimpiril but developed a very bad cough, apparently a side effect of these. I have now got the most annoying itching all over going on Has anyone else experienced this at all. I tingle and itch all over. very bazarre but woudl be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this

thank you

2 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi All seem to get itching with all drugs. But reduced my nicotine gum use from 60mg a day to 14mg and my boy has dropped by 20 points on the higher and lower level. I the next few weeks will cut out nicotine and caffeine completely.
  • Posted

Dermatologist co uk comment

I suppose the message is - the human body reacts against external drugs in different ways and itch is one of those ways

Rule of thumb - medication commenced within 2 months of symptoms highly suspect

Change of manufacturer or coating of medication - same

Life rule - get fit stay fit and keep off all drugs if possible

Reduce core body temp by Ivey drinks and abandon tea coffee hot drinks as a remote chance of helping

Juggling antihistamines always a good idea but they are drugs

• Posted

Icey drinks soz
  • Posted

Yes i only took 10 of the tablets a broke out in a rash across my stomach.stopped taking them but the rash went worse.the skin on my stomach turned black and started to peel were it went around my hip all the skin split and was very sore I stopped taking them 2months ago yet still got this itch all over me which is driving me mad and feels like pins and needles and I peeled all over lost every bit of skin on my hand and feet tried every itching cream none were any good don't know how long it's going to last 

eddie.

• Posted

Very dangerous drug. Had the same itching experience all over my body. My wife also took it for a short period of time and it damaged her eyes. She had to have eye surgery as a result. The drug has been banned in certain European countries and should be banned here. Discuss an alternative with your doctor immediately.

• Posted

thank you, yes I am off them and just about everything else. I only take 3 out of 10 now. I am risk managing the other conditions. Worth it for the peace.

• Posted

Yes I itch all over too Getting ready to get s different Med.  
  • Edited

I was on amlodapine about 6 weeks. I had a intensely itchy leg below knee. Red and swollen. It went onto my left leg. Then it felt as if it went up my spine round my buttocks and waist. Last down my arms. It has driven me crazy. Doctors just said "oh no it won't be the tablet"I have stopped taking it and slowly Improving

• Posted

If you look up the side effects of the tablet, all tablets, itching is listed in each and every one. I think that they all use a common filler and that could be the problem. I am no chemist, I don't really know, but that is my guess.

• Posted

Strange that you should mention your medication. I am no long troubled by the itch that wanted me to cut my arms off. I went off all my medication one by one, I went from ten tablets a day to 3. Each and every one I stopped taking had itching as a side effect. I have been diagnosed with pruritis and the tablets just made it flare up. Alcohol does the same. I have to say, I feel terrific and only suffer from the occasional dry skin itch that everyone my age suffers from. Years and years I put up with the problem and it was as simple as giving up tablets which included calcium, osteo panadol and vit B3. I also gave up my cholesterol tablets and try and do my best with my diet to control that. I think that the fillers they use in all medications are the problem, not the chemicals themselves.

• Posted

Strange that you should mention your medication. I am no long troubled by the itch that wanted me to cut my arms off. I went off all my medication one by one, I went from ten tablets a day to 3. Each and every one I stopped taking had itching as a side effect. I have been diagnosed with pruritis and the tablets just made it flare up. Alcohol does the same. I have to say, I feel terrific and only suffer from the occasional dry skin itch that everyone my age suffers from. Years and years I put up with the problem and it was as simple as giving up tablets which included calcium, osteo panadol and vit B3. I also gave up my cholesterol tablets and try and do my best with my diet to control that. I think that the fillers they use in all medications are the problem, not the chemicals themselves.

• Edited

I took 10mg Amlodopine for less than a week and have stopped taking it a week ago as the urge to itch was insatiable. I was previously on 5mg plus 5mg Ramipril.

I'm going to my GP to request alternative BP meds, a strong antihistamine (Sainsburys allergy tablets are not helping) and sleeping pills. It's currently 2am and I'm unable to sleep due to my whole body itching. Ceasing the medication hasn't helped but I'm sure Amlodopine is responsible as the timings match perfectly.

Question - how long after stopping did people start to see relief? I honestly can't put up with much more of this. Also, what alternative BP meds were you prescribed?

• Edited

Started itching after taking it for two years drove me mad, stopped taking amlodipine and the itching stopped after five days 👍

• Posted

Also on amlodipine, just under four weeks, and awful itching on hands, arms and soles of feet. Driving me bonkers. And thats not to mention the flashes in my eyes (had checked), swelling, and ringing in ears. Speaking to my doc on Monday.

• Posted

I was on amlodopine for 18 months and everything fine until recently and like you now have the most awful itching. Nothing seems to ease it. Then I noticed hair loss and alopecia. I have been off amlodopine fir 2 weeks but hair still shedding. I am on new drug but I just dont have confidence as hair still falling and still have itching

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.