itching

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyoneelse experience this. I continually itch. I was thinking its the pain meds or something. Other than that. today was a good. I even walked around house without my cane.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Pain meds can dfinately be the culprit. I am currently, having had the prosthesis reinserted last Thursday. Never in any of my surgeries have I had so much misery but to add to it, I have a hip to ankle immobilizer in place over the ace bandage.theses will be on w weeks. They are using benadryl for me. In the US it's an inexpensi e over the counter drug.
  • Posted

I have a sensitivity to morphine and itching is the result.  As OFG says an antihistamine should solve the problem.  Sorry to hear things aren't going well OFG.  Lots of us on here owe you our sanity for your advice.  If there is anything we can do just say the word.
    • Posted

Outside of the the itch I'm doing fine. I can get out of bed by myself as long as someone is there to observe. I had 2 of the least effective nursing staff overnight that drove me up a wall. The one girl is at least 9 months pregnant and shouldn't be working but doesnts want or maybe financially cant quit right now. She is a full ace handle wide and you can tell by looking at her and talking to her she is miserable....the other one, a R N is Jamaican and thinks being educated in the her world means she should have someone else do the actual work. I wasn't thrilled with the whole set up but no one died so all is well this morning.
  • Posted

I call mine the Tramadol itch x
    • Posted

I do take tramadol Sometimes. So that may be the culprit. I am slowing weaning myself off pain meds. I take tylenol and if I am really hurting I will take I pain med. My knee looks like its starting to swell again. I am icing it at least four times a day. Maybe I need to elevate it more. But what I have notice my other knee is beginning to hurt. I think I am doing too much to should. What do y'all think? I am washing clothese, sweeping the floors, cooking and marrital things.
    • Posted

1st, try and eliminate any twisting motion from the waist down. That will bother you more than anything else except for an out of control fall. Make sure the ice is on 20 min as shorter time frames are inadequate and worthless as far as being therapeutic. Rest....tired worn out tissue not only heals slower, it's more easily damaged.
  • Posted

are you taking tramadol, I did for a short while but it gave me the itches (amongst other things ) is certainly worth asking the doctor about, best wishes
  • Posted

ya i did it was the morphine pain med it nearly drove me crazy everywhere itched even in my head it was like having something running on my skin  doctor changed my meds and i was fine after even now thinking of it makes me itch well done on your recovery  xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.