Itching

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi I was diagnosed with LP a week ago but have to wait 4 months for a dermatology appointment.  Have been using dermovate and taking fexofenadine and flucloxacillin for a week but today notice pimple spots on upper arms.  Whilst the pimples joined up to a large blotch on my feet and lower arms, I just wondered if there's anything I can do to help myself.  Must admit my eyes are filling with tears as I type as I had never heard of LP before.  Am glad to be on this site.  Love Pat

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pat,

I hope you've looked round the site to pick up info from other sufferers. LP affects different people in different ways. Many get oral LP, sometimes quite seriously but it can also raise its itchy spots anywhere. I had them in  mouth , on legs, body, scalp, wrists, ankles and wrists, not all itchy though. The onslaught ran on for just two years for me, just a bit of residual scalp and nail activity now.

Later I got LS but that was just my bad luck.

Keep using the prescribed meds Pat, being sparing with the dermovate. I found the dermovate stopped the itching but nothing else and my own feeling is this thing has to run its course.

You might hear about special diets that can help and maybe they will, but we are all different.

good luck with yours. have a good cry then dry your tears 'cos you're still alive and breathing and Summer will be here soon.

take carexx Joodie.

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying. I am glad to be alive but I was just accepting my arthritis had gone up a couple of notches when I was diagnosed. You're right. It is just bad luck but life does go on so thanks again. I wish you well
  • Posted

I had the same thing.  Strong steroid cream did not really work and does thin the skin.  I kept having a bath and avoided getting hot.  This was to stop the itching.  It was frightening as I did not know what it was.  I used aqueous cream dissolved as much as possible in the bath sometimes but usually just had a bath.  I avoided using toilet soap.  Eventually i stopped rubbing it and the constant itch and pain as a result of rubbing it disappeared, but it took some time and left blemishes which faded after 5 years.
  • Posted

I was diagnosed recently as thought to be psorisis, but it is seriously driving me mad now with the itching taking Cetirizine allergy tablets and was prescribed steroid cream, but I am not using that as eventually makes it worse.  I am going to try all the healthy options, sea with all its minerals vitamin D apparantly helps and try juicing. But I had never heard of it before either, very upsetting!
  • Posted

I been recently diagnosed and tried an allergy pill to see if it would help with the itching and not only did it help but I haven't seen any new breakouts. Also scratchs that I get use to stay around for a while but since I've been taking a allergy pill once a day it's greatly improved. I'm on day five and I'm seeingredients no new spots and no itching.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.