Itching

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

So I'm 16 years old and I turn 17 in early September and I've been having a lot of Itching down there. I've told my mom about three times already and she just keeps saying how she just thinks my panties are to tight but there not, I keep telling her I want to get checked out. I can't talk to nun of my friends about it cause I'm too embarrassed about it. Some of my symptoms are redness, Itchy Vaginal opening, dampness, discharge I cant describe the color it's a mix between clear and white, and a lil runny, a smelly odor, sometimes it strong sometimes it's not, tingling, and I feel two tiny small bumps or lump near my opening, one on each side, my Vagina looks normal. I tend to itch mostly when i workouts like sweat or very active etc., and when i first wake up or at night Ior when I get hot. I drink a lot of water, I sorta eat the right foods, I shower normally, I don't doche, I don't use scented toilet papers, I wipe correctly, I don't used scented pads and I only use warm water to clean my vag but sometimes unscented soap, I only had sex once and we was both virgins at the time. When I read some other things I first thought yeast infection or Vaginitis. But now I don't know what to think and I'm really worried, this has been going on since mid- February.

I don't want no Itchy when my 17th birthday comes, I want to enjoy myself and not be uncomfortable.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a regular doctor you can go see? Or another relative you can talk to? If not there are usually low cost/free clinics that can help you. Definitely get it checked out, whether your mom listens or not.
  • Posted

Sounds like a yeast infection.  You can some A to Z pills over the counter.  I think maybe you onlyYour protection if it was a ruber had sex once was all night on maybe.   Your protection if it was a rubber...maybe rubbing hard and irratated your privates.  They say bubble baths for little girls can give them yeast infections.  
  • Posted

Yea, most likely a fungal infection. Quite common and easy to treat. No need to be ashamed of it. It happens to all of us sooner or later. Just seek help from a doctor or you can get an over the counter antifungal medication to see if it works, but if it is more serious then you will want to find out soon, so see a doctor.
  • Posted

If it is a yeast infection, here is something you can try right away.... buy a small pot of plain live yogurt and put a teaspoonful up into your vagina. (I am assuming you are not a virgin).

Live yogurt counters yeast infections.

Do it twice a day for a few days and see what happens.

This is something I remember from years ago when I was your age. Now you could even check it up online.

• Posted

I Believe you can get a quick test kit from a chemist

Go to one away from your area if your shy

They do infection or Vaginitis tests (maybe ask for it under minor alements scheme and it possibly can be free). At least it would be a quick test out of the way

• Posted

From Web MD

"The most readily available home test kit for vaginitis is the Vagisil Screening Kit®. The cost at my local chain pharmacy was .50 (.00 for store brand). While availability and cost are good, the diagnostic capacity of this home test is very limited. This kit checks for vaginal pH. It does not indicate causes of symptoms (e.g., itching, burning, bad smell or unusual discharge), nor can it identify a specific type of infection. At best, it can indicate a more alkaline pH — 5.0 or greater, which suggests that either bacterial vaginosis (BV) or trichomoniasis (“trich”) might be present. When a pH of 3.5 is found, symptoms could possibly be from a healthy vagina or a yeast infection. Furthermore, the manufacturer suggests that the test may not be accurate if the woman is on her period, has breakthrough bleeding, is postmenopausal, or has recently had intercourse. Thus, in most instances, a woman should still see a GYN or clinic to get the most correct diagnosis." 

• Posted

Like I say some over the counter tests could be a quick indication. Whilst waiting and don't let some of these idiots on here worry you, they can really paint a bad picture out of what could be only a yeast infection and mainly that is what goes wrong

As (quoting rightly that the PH of most other things that come into contact with the Vigina mostly has a higher PH than the desirable human level, so can affect the balance down there) However

The end isn't neigh (no matter how many idiots quote spasmodic PH levels),

Maybe later try just one application of RepHresh Gel it lasts for 3 days, so you can use it a couple times a week to constantly maintain a healthy pH. It could help at a later date after you have been seen by the docs and sorted any issues this time

Good luck

Ignor arsyface

• Posted

real mature. guess you know better than the majority of responders that suggested a clinic. she already reported that she has tried all sensible approaches and understands vaginal care. but hey, when you have no valid counter argument, you can resort to name calling.
    • Posted

Wow

Apple's predict spelling has upset you, take a chill pill or two.

Sorry that the phone spelling upset the apple cart Professer vigina.

• Posted

good try. even f you try and say that "arsyface" was an autocorrect for AchyFace, in your response you twice refer to other commenters as "idiots".  just because people do not agree with your approach and may offer a different idea or comment does not give you free rein to become abusive. I find it odd that as a male you believe you have such grand insight into female private health issues and then "mansplain" to the commenters that our input is not as relavant as yours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.