Itching

Posted , 7 users are following.

Diagnosed with LS almost 1.5 yrs ago (at 44). Have had intense itching for two yrs. Dr performed biopsy, came back with LS. My only symptom is intense itching. Always at night. It wakes me up and will only subside when I scratch. I have scratched so much that the right side of my labia has scar tissue. Every time I cave and scratch I'm reminded of Pavlov's experiment with the mice where they would touch a button that would initiate an orgasm and the mice would continue touching the button until they eventually died. I'm talking eyes rolling in the back of the head kind of relief when I scratch. 

I've read this forum up and down and have taken note of some potential remedies for relief. I was prescribed Clob which did not help and would rather go the natural direction for relief. I've tried coconut oil-it was calming for an hour but then I was woken up to the intense itch. I've ordered aloe vera and hydrogen perox and saline and Wild Yam Salve, and have also started taking vitamins. We'll see. 

So is there anyone else on the forum where itching is the only symptom? I check myself out regularly to see if the LS has progressed. I've included some bio info below in case anyone is researching.

-44 yrs when symptom started

-Very high stress

-Been known to have low iron

-Diagnosed with gestational diabetes when preg

breast-fed (2X)

-Wore tight jeans at times

-Often put underwear on after a shower

-External vibrator use at times

-Symptom worse around period time

-Tried Ketogenic diet for over a month, did not help

-Had a plantar wart on foot around time of initial symptom-took 6+mths to go away

-Get major headaches around period

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My question to you is how long did you try using the Clobetasol? I believe it should provide relief from the itching.
    • Posted

Hi. Thanks mary09950. I think I gave the Clobetasol a couple of weeks. Did not notice any relief, so I stopped using it. Now after too long of a period of time, I'm searching for something more natural that can help. I need some sleep and integrity.

• Posted

Hi,

Have you read the discussion on this board "an experiment with borax"? I too suffered with itching and also the symptoms started when I was 44, but that was a couple of years after my hysterectomy.

I also have emuaid and vary my different creams daily to moisturise and help keep symptoms at bay.

• Posted

Hi Samantha. Thanks for the respinse. I read the entire post on Borax. We recently made oobleck slime with some. Not liking the idea of putting something I found in the detergent aisle on my body. That said, if the ointment and gel I ordered do not work I may reevaluate.
    • Posted

From ebay you canbuy 99.9 % pure.

Called 20 Mule or something like that.

Mxx

• Posted

I have also heard that Protopic has been prescribed i(in France), don't know about UK.doesntbthin the skin so much.

• Posted

Protopic- think is milder and doesn't thin the skin in the same way as Clob

• Posted

Hi, I understand where you are coming from. It took me 6 months to try it and once I did I've found it helps me. I also use protropic and not dermvate/clob 2x a week. Coconut or emuaid after a toilet break. I'm in a good place with this routine. Hope you find one to suit you x

• Posted

Thank you. I've read some positives about Emuaid. I'll put that on the list.

• Posted

Hi J, Have you tried the baking soda baths (1/3 cup in a bathtub).  I had intense itching for years and after a few baths, it went away.  Also, don't be afraid of sodium borate (Borax).  It's a natural occuring mineral that has a number of uses. Do some research online.

• Posted

Thanks Anna. That's good advice. I will try the baths.

I haven't check out the ingredients in Borax thoroughly. Just made assumptions. Hopefully I'll be able to relieve this problem soon.

• Posted

Pitching is my only problem as well nothing else I have now stopped drinking plain kefir to see if this is the cause of the itching this is the only product that I think that I drink that is causing it I have stopped eating anything with gluten and any kind of sugar and this Dairy is the only thing that I do drink so I will stop it and see what happens for my itching I put on Castor oil and it works really well but now this morning I woke up and I was itchy so I will stop the kefir and see what happens tomorrow
    • Posted

Thanks. Dairy is the only food that I have not given up completely. All else was eliminated when I was on the Keto diet- that included gluten, sugar and alcohol. Maybe it was in my head but I think the itching was worse than ever during that period and I was eating a lot of dairy. Definitely worth pursuing.
  • Posted

I do baking soda baths with Borax one tablespoon of each every day I use castor oil in the morning and then in the night and I do not eat gluten or sugar and now I am thinking that I had itching this morning because I drink kefir good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.