Itching

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have Gilbert's Fatty Liver and reduced Kidney function, none receiving treatment. The last couple of days I have had itching on my face ears and scalp with no rash to see. Anyone had this, is it linked and how long did it last or what stopped it.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Deni1 - Just a thought, but I suffered from Liver itch about 3 months ago, and it must be one of the most debilitating conditions I've ever known. The cause of mine was a supplement I was taking - Sweet Wormwood or Artemisia annua This is known to cause liver problems including the itching. I stopped taking all supplements, and finally after a month I'm getting back to normal. If you're taking any supplements, check on the site livertox.nih.gov This is a database of all the substances that may cause or aggravate liver conditions. I can't tell you how to relieve the itch - nothing seems to work. I was prescribed anti-histamines which didn't help, but there is a drug called Cholestyramine or Prevalite, which is apparently good. I wish you all the best..... I know what you are going through and I hope you can find a solution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.