Itching

Posted , 7 users are following.

for about 2 and half years now i've been itching like mad i want to rip mainly my hands feet and thighs apart it just come on , i end up with like although its very noticable id describe baby milk spots , my hands more feel like there burning . i take a anti hystermine 180 mg a day sometimes to when its to bad . i read up on a fybro page that it can me another part of this condition , does anyone else have this its driving mad as once hands n feet have calmed down im left like something crawling all parts of my body . i wont take strong meds just codine ibuphen and use tens machine ice n heat x hope everyone is as well as can be expected today

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

hi Lorainne,

I have too experienced the atching over the past few years was under gp, saw consultant and no ne could come up with the reason nearly drove me mad, i used to attack everywhere except the face. I just used to cover myself with calomine lotion which gave me a slight relief, was diagnosed with fybromyalga about 6 years ago, can empathise with you on the atching, best wishes to you

Christine

• Edited

Hi

I get itching although it doesn't sound as bad. I use a cream called Epaderm. you can buy it and it can be proscribed. you use primarily to wash with replacing soap. you can also use it to rubbing onto dry skin when I find the washing works best it will take a couple of days to make match effect but at the end of a week or two of it you should find hopefully that the itching has gone. my wife had very bad skin itch when she came out of hospital and after a week of washing in epaderm it was much much better. hope this helps

• Posted

thank u for ur reply if i wear Gloves et cetera to cover up it just makes my literally blood boil and makes me itch more I find extremely hard at the moment especially with the COVID-19 as well so you keeping yourself clean and clear from everything so that doesn’t help but thank you for your advice I’ll try the calamine didn’t think of that I just tend to go and have cold showersxgloves et cetera to cover up it just makes my literally blood boil and makes me itch more I find extremely hard at the moment especially with the COVID-19 as well so you keeping yourself clean and clear from everything so that doesn’t help but thank you for your advice I’ll try the calamine didn’t think of that I just tend to go and have cold shower x ive had fybro 20 yrs now but i was on every strong Relief that you could go on period I was on tramadol fentanyl patches morphine you name it I was on it all and then I change doctors and they took me off of everything and that improved and just put me on amitriptyline but over the last couple of years I’ve started having to go back on stronger pain relief I did have I’ve had three spot spinal blocks which helped but the song is getting worse again with these other symptoms as well I drelief that you could go on period I was on tramadol fentanyl patches morphine you name it I was on it all and then I change doctors and they took me off of everything and that improved and just put me on amitriptyline but over the last couple of years I’ve started having to go back on stronger pain relief I did have I’ve had three spot spinal blocks which helped but the song is getting worse again with these other symptoms as well I did adding on xx

• Edited

Yes...I have itching all the time, especially on my back. Very frustrating. It is the nerve cells that causes this. Fibro sucks. I only take Ibuprofen, Tylenol and a little Ativan at night if I can't sleep or if my heart palpitations are bad.

• Edited

oh lord the itchyness is makking me depressed i cant handle it its mainly hands and feet head face its unbearable nothing helps ive spent so much on prescription s 180 mg anthistamine does not do a thing ive had it since early april doc said its fibro symptom but doesnt no why i feel like i have prickly heat to also my eyes itch like mad and up my nose id rather have the stabbing chest pain atleast that goes but this is awful x

• Edited

The itchiness is the fibro, it affects the nerves. Your eyes and nose sounds like allergies. I had never had allergies in my life but I have them now. I get areas of my skin that literally hurt when you touch it. Like when you have a bad flu and your skin hurts. I get it on my upper thighs and arms. It lasts for about 3 days. Moves around too. It itches too sometimes. Then its gone. That is all fibro and nerves. If you are not going to a good Rheumatologist, you should find one. Regular drs do not know alot about fibro. Good luck

• Posted

thank u so much its good to no the the reason behind it the soles of my feet are awful to its constant then eases off and no anthistame works was diagnosed march 3rd after a year of hell xx

• Edited

Yes, I have itching occasionally. A few yrs. ago it was traced to a blue medication (synthroid) that I was taking. When it was switched to a white pill, the itching subsided. I was allergic to the blue dye. The doctor said he had several patients who could not tolerate the blue dye

Lately, I still have occasional itching, scalp, torso, back neck, sometimes thighs. I've been thinking it might be dust mite bites? Don't know for sure. Trying to be more diligent about cleaning, vacuuming, changing bed linens, towels, etc Have air purifiers in 3 rooms. Scalpicin (CVS) works great for the scalp and I use cortisone cream on body and take occas. Claritin, but it makes me drowsy, so not every day. My daughter sent me a Dyson vacuum cleaner for Mother's Day. It works great!!! Will definitely decrease dust!! PS Using hypoallerginic soaps and lotions, shampoos, make- up etc, as much as possible, though not 100%.

• Edited

Hi Lorraine

Sorry to hear you’re feeling bad, I think itching and burning is a sign of Fibro. I haven’t been diagnosed with Fibro (still undergoing diagnosis), but I do suffer with Allodynia and over the last few months my feet been burning on and off (right more than left), though I am finding out that could be heat within my shoes, once my feet ventilated it appears better. When does your burning feet come on, at night or is it random? I also get random pin prick sensations, but frequency on them does come and go.

Have you had a nerve conductivity test as could be nerve damage, I am having one done in September, I gather (could be wrong) they say that Fibro doesn’t damage the nerves, just a condition where the signals are being misread.

I was on Pregabalin 150mg, now on 25mg, apart from that my medication is minimal, so haven’t tried stuff like Anti hystermine.

• Posted

ill have to look into nerve tests i think couple of people saying about it . had a rough night last night forarm hands and feet till lock down is over cant do alot . im just walking round the last three weeks with out sticks ect as i was lifting lots of stuff and hurt my back ended up on hospital had no xray nothing but in past ive had buldging disc my sympathetic nerve damage had two spinal blocks and the hospital just said u sprained ur back without having had a xray joke aint it xx

• Posted

I think once you had nerve tests done this determines if you have Neuropathy. There is probably some meds which will help the itching, but it will be a great detrimental to side effects. The thing with C-19 lockdown is that there isn't much which can be done at the moment getting looked at. It's no fun feeling like this.

• Posted

oh lord this itching is unbearable i itch and get pin pricks and burning every were soles of feet hands face up nose head its a nightmare i feel like ive been in a car crash i sleep 3 hours a night and my brain dont switch off nothing helps i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia march 3rd im 33 but feel 103 i feel like ive got electric running through my veins and like im getting dementia but the itchyness is awful nothing helos no anthisamine on the planet x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.