Itching after taking cipro

Posted , 3 users are following.

I took cipro 250 mg 2 times a day 14 days total .Is there a safe way I can relieve my itching?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

You could try E 45 Anti Itch relief Cream. It helped me quite a bit as I did not want to take an antihistamine tablet.

It is quite expensive.

• Posted

If I knew 5 months ago what I  now know about cipro I would not have taken any.I hope I don't get the bad side effects that some people are getting.

• Posted

Have u taken any meds since? 

Keep away from steroids, nsaids and antibiotics would be my plain advice.The above may trigger off a reaction. Magnesium helps to chelate this toxin from the body. 

​Steroids are notorious for causing problems if taken with Cipro and/or other flq . Try not to worry. Keep to a healthy diet, exercise, avoid alcohol, and any additives. I would take Vitamin B12 and Bco as well as Vitamin D3.

• Posted

I soak my feet and ankles in apple cider vinegar and water.It is helping with the itching. 
    • Posted

Thank you Harriet and Derek for the advice.I found baking soda works better than apple cider vinegar for itching.
    • Posted

Hi I would never try apple cider vinegar for anything especially itching !!!!. How do you apply the baking soda? Presume you add water then apply. Where is the itching?
    • Posted

The itching is on my feet and lower legs.I soak my feet and ankles in water with baking soda.I think I will not take showers for the next two weeks and just wash were I don't itch.after that I will take showers in cooler water.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.