Itching at injection site

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have been on Benapalli for the months, it's not helping my symptons . Now I get intense itching from my injections site.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cpjude,

How long does the itching last and where are you injecting?

I’ve been on Benepali a little over a year now. It does help me tremendously and did so after just a week or so.

I also get itching at the injection site but not every time. I tend to find it worse on my thighs than my stomach and particularly better on my lower stomach. Not sure why. It tends to get after a couple of days. If it’s very bad an antihistamine helps. As it works for me I’m not too bothered but I understand that if it’s not working that added stress.

When do you see your consultant next?

• Posted

Hi Cpjude

I used to get an itchy reaction after swabbing the site with the cleanser before injecting. This was due to the skin not being dry and the chemical in the wipe must have got under my skin. No problems at all now because I don't use the swabs. Also, I just alternate left and right weekly on the tummy. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.