itching driving me crazy

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I haven't had a period in nearly 3 years so am obviously well into the menopause. For the past few months I have been coming out in itchy spots that are gradually spreading over my body. Some are like blisters, some are small bumps and some are in red patches. All are itchy and driving me crackers and are really bad at night when I get hotter. My doctor is very non-comittal and says it's allergy or stress or an infection. I have the suspicion it's those old hormones running riot. Has anyone else got this problem? it may not relieve the symptoms but it will hope to know that it's another menopause "thing" to deal with. Thank you in anticipation

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm just starting to go into menopause and I have quite similar thing happening in the past few months. Quite random and comes and goes, but can be very itchy and annoying. I haven't been to the Doctor, but a friend of mine said she had quite a similar thing happen to her when she went through menopause. Hers lasted a few months but everyone is different.
  • Posted

I have itching between my elbow and shoulder on both arms, but under the skin like something crawling, the subsequent so crating causes sores and bleeding, so I really sympathise xxx
  • Posted

I have been suffering an itchy chest and neck for some months now. My Dr was very dismissive, said it must be an allergy stop using everything on my skin. She gave me some shower gel which makes it 10 times worse so I'm just trying to be careful now.

I have stopped taking all my supplements and am going to re-introduce 1 at a time, I think it has improved a bit but not stopped altogether and like you, worse at night. I find splashing cold water onto it in the night can help enough to let me get back to sleep.

• Posted

Hi Gridders 

My hands have been really itchy and sometimes my feet and body I did end up getting a itchy rash a few months ago but that cleared up 

• Posted

Hi,

Itching is definitely a problem. I get it -, but there are no external simptoms--not a mark to be seen, but very itchy all the same. You might be allergic to something---go to a dermotologist and you may find some help from that quarter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.