Itching on whole body for two days

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a problem with itching. It has been going on for two days now, it is the worst at night, won't let me sleep. I have no visible marks or rashes. I know it is not bed bugs or such because my boyfriend doesn't have a problem and we sleep in the same bed. I went to the doctor and they just said it is nothing and will pass soon but I am not convinced. Did anyone have a similar problem and does anyone know what it may be so I can go to the doctor with a specific test in mind?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like an allergy to something like washing powder, which wouldn't necessarily make you have a rash but it would make you itch.

Have you changed your washing powder, or has the manufacturer changed something? They often put 'new' on the pack.

• Posted

I will have to check for that. Thank you.

• Posted

Could also be something you have recently introduced into your diet.Have a think.

If it doesnt get better you could try taking an antihistamine,one a day for a couple of weeks then stop and see if the itching returns.

You dont say where on your body is the itching. If its all over and you are otherwise well then it is probably an allergy.

Are you suffering any stress at all? Unresolved stress can cause a rash.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.