Itching Pityriasis Rosea

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m start to come in my 3rd week and my PR starting to feeling ruff, getting very very itching now, when I take a shower with ceptaphil soap it burn a little bit and water is the only thing that stop it, dark spots are coming in and red spots coming too. Is this a sign of healing, somebody please help me please 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is very upsetting and I can understand how you feel! This condition does not leave your mind! My 16 year old daughter has had it for 3 months now and was prescribed 4 different drugs, including high dose of oral cortisone. We have seen 4 different doctors and none of them have a clue. Last Friday we went to see another dermatologist at Harley Street in London and she prescribed an ointment called Dermovate 30g, clobetasol propionate, this seems to be actually working as rashes started to disappear but this is only the second day! Shower as little as you can, we continue to use Cetaphil and E45, cut out all processed food from your diet, and I found that if you are sweating it tends to get worse so wear cotton loose clothing! I do hope you get this sorted out but do not wait too long, seek help and do not give up! 

• Posted

When it starts to dry up and become flakey, that’s more so the sign of healing. I highly suggest stop using soap on it. For mine, I only washed my lady parts & underarms and between my toes for a few weeks. Only used cool water and no lotions or creams (they don’t make it go away faster). My biggest suggestion is to not obsess about it(it is linked to stress) and try to look at it as little as possible. Also don’t irritate it with hot waters and ointments. It willl go away smile

• Posted

Hi Tashawow. I feel your pain. I am in my fourth week and finally experiencing relief. Last week I read on a forum that lukewarm oatmeal and epsom salt baths offered relief, so I started taking them before bed every night.  Grind up one cup of oatmeal in a coffee grinder and pour the powder into your bath with one cup epsom salts. Relax and think positive thoughts while soaking for 10-15 minutes. Then, gently pat your body dry and cover your body with a combination of coconut oil and myrrh. I mixed 3 tablespoons coconut oil with 3 teaspoons of myrrh essential oil. It makes enough for a couple weeks, so I mixed it in a container that can be covered.  The myrrh has a very strong smell and the first night it gave me a headache, but now I’m used to it. The combination of these treatments has taken away most of my patches. It will dry it up while also moisturizing it. This is a strange rash that goes through many phases. But keep your spirits up. It will go away. And you can help the process along with these natural remedies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.