Itching problem

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 53 and came off my hrt after ten years recently now I have night sweats again I can cope with but now I have severe vaginal itching mostly at night it keeps me awake any suggestions would be great thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like vaginal dryness.. try coconut oil. I use a vaginal hormone for dryness and vaginal atrophy. Works wonders and isn't systemic. But since you don't want hormones try the coconut oil, make sure it's pure organic, stick a chunk inside and slather it around the vulva.. others use YES lubricant. If you look around on here youll find tons of suggestions. I personally like the coconut oil in between my hormone schedule if I need it.

Good Luck!!!

• Posted

Try using femme fresh wipes or wash, it helps to bring back vaginal pH balance

• Posted

The coconut oil and the wipes are all great suggestions. I would also add a specialized probiotic for vaginal lubrication. I took one orally. They are pretty common; I took the one that is a misspelling of the word refresh. I had to stop taking it every day because it was like I was peeing myself things got so.... you know. 😃 It really did stop the itching.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.