Itching skin and Lyme

Posted , 12 users are following.

For the last couple of days I have had this awful Itching on my legs. Does anyone else have this. I do get some new effects of the Lyme every so often, so maybe this is one of them. Advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I get it in my lower legs, scalp, and to a lesser extent, my face. Lower legs always the worse but never any visible rash.

Good luck

• Posted

Hello hadassa34668, I had lyme for 8 years but was treated for RA, just found out a few months ago from my natriopathic Dr. it is 100% lyme. My knees were the size of balloons for 7&1/2 years and now they are their normal size, first time I have seen my kneecap in well over 7 yrs. I am no longer tired all the time or sick all the time. About a month ago I started getting itchy on my legs, was insane, the more I scratched the worse it got, a week later I broke out with this insane itchy rash that spread all over my body. I tried everything to stop the itch, went to my GP a week ago and he gave me prednisone to try. It started to work the second day on it, was only a 5day trial but it did work. A day after I finished the meds I started to get itchy again, no rash just itchy (right back to square one) I managed to get another script for the prednisone today and am hoping it will work again. 

• Posted

On the back of both thighs, a burning feeling rather than itching. Feels kind of like poison ivy is coming on. Comes and goes from time to time.
  • Posted

Hi the reason for the itching is that somehow Lyme feeds on or reactiveates the herpes virus so if you had chicken pox or EBV which 95% of the population has it reactivates it so the rash you get is kinda like muted chicken pox they move around but are not contagious but the EBV might can be if you kiss someone but anyway I’ve been suffering a long torturous because the DRs think I’m crazy because they can’t find anything it was so infected in my neck it hurt for a year all these mris I had and all I need was a simple antibiotic how pathetic I had to medicate my own self as it was probably 4th stage and that antibiotics wasn’t a long enough course so they still think I’m crazy but I did my medical research a lot of time they can diagnose you with ebv and not catch the Lyme part but you can order doxycycline on eBay for ornamental fish or just die and be called a hypochondriac 

Just google the 4 stages of Lyme disease and Lyme disease and ebv..  hope this helps a lot of people that the DRs didn’t help!

• Posted

i know i'm late to this topics but check out ILADS.org. They are on the cutting edge of Lyme research and treatment. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.