Itching Skin: Help!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm a 39 year old male and for the last few weeks I've developed dry skin on my eyelids, under my arm pits and around my groin area. The itching around my groin is immense and i scratch it a lot at night time and the skin around my penis is starting to break. The rashes under my arms are also red and sore and the dry skin on my eyelids has only just developed. Can anybody give me any advice as to what it could be or point me in the direction of any treatments I can try? I'm applying Germolene at the moment but it isn't doing much and I can't get a GP appointment at the moment so any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi Adam, it sounds like an allergy to something you are using, maybe shower gel or similar.

You could also ask your local pharmacist for a suggestion.

I don't know how often you shower but ease up on your showers for a couple of weeks and look at the products you use, including what you wash your clothes in. It does sound like one of those.

Something like E45 cream will soothe your skin too.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi

Thank you for the reply. I did wonder that as I'm using a cheap shower gel from Lidl at the moment. I think it's time to switch and see!

• Edited

You can get dermol 500 lotion from your pharmacy. It can be used on the affected area dry and it can be used instead of soap when washing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.