Itching so bad I can't sleep

Posted , 9 users are following.

Please please can anyone help me with this?

It started back in November, my face and chest itching especially at night. My face seemed to get better when using moisturiser everyday but my chest/neck continued to itch even though I was using E45 itch relief cream.

It has started to wake me at night around midnight then I find it really hard to get back to sleep because I just want to scratch.

In desperation I went to the Dr last week. She was I felt quite dismissive, told me to stop using the E45 and all other bath/shower products and to wash my hair over the sink. She also gave me a 30 day course of antihistamine, some cream and prescribed oilatum shower gel. The pharmacist told me she can't get that so would get me something else after she spoke to the Dr. I didn't check until I got home but she gave me some E45 emollient shower wash which surprised me.

I used it for the first time last night and through the night I was in hell. The itching is worse than it has ever been and I think I am going to go crazy if I don't get some help.

My Dr said don't come back for a couple of months because it can take that long to settle. I will be hanging from a lamp post before 2 months of this are up.

My questions...is it an allergy? It only really itches intensely at night which I think is due to be warm. There is no rash although it is red and horrible looking this morning from me scratching. The E45 itch releif seemed to help the itch but is it coincidence that after using the shower stuff I had the worst night ever? The cream she has given me is not helping at all.

I started taking milk thistle back in November too as suggested by someone on here, I also take B complex, D3, calcium, Vit E, Maca root, chellated Mg and turmeric.

PLEASE help me I am desperate sad

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just saw this.  I'm surevit was probaboy the MACA. I started taking it a week ago and have been itching like crazy all over ky body. I use the same soap etc I have been using for a long time and this is the only new thing I have added so I'm guessing MACA caused it STop taking it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.