Itching Thyroid area and slight pain...

Posted , 1 user is following.

For the last 5 days I have been experiencing an itching neck and slight pain around the thyroid area.  It has been getting worse with each day.

Now I assume it is something I have been eating because I have recently made some changes to my daily diet (about right when this started happening), and they include:  organic Japanese natto (2 styrofoam packets), 2 raw egg yolks with a teaspoon of dulse flakes and a 1000mg capsule of Vitamin C (Absorbic Acid) along with 4mg of hawaiian astaxanthin.  This was the first major change.  The 2nd major change was taking a vitamin K2 supplement (that also contains alfalfa) later on in the day.  But these were the only changes.  After a few days off of these changes I am now starting to feel better.

So I would like to include these (or at least some of these) back into my diet.  But which of these could be causing it?

I assume it might be the combination of the natto with the vitamin C.  I read that high amounts of absorbic acid could cause oxalates and the natto might some how be sending it straight to the thyroid.  This along with the dulse, which is high in iodine might also be triggering something in the thyroid.

Im thinking of ditching the vitamin C capsule along with the dulse flakes and just taking the natto with egg yolks.

What do you think?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.