Itching under skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Three years ago I almost bled to death due to a 6 CM bleeding ulcer. Now in the area of my stomach, I have this itching. It is like something is crawling under my skin. It doesn't hurt, it is just annoying.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi pat i hope your going back to the Docs best to be safe hope all is good with you x
    • Posted

I can't afford to go back. I was having regular endoscopes, but the cost of it became too much, so I stopped having them done.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that pat they should not be a price on a persons health i bet you paid your taxes all ýour life, one good thing about the UK is the NHS I really hope you dont suffer and get the help you need and deserve x

• Posted

yes, I am in the US. You don't know how many people here wish we could have a one payer system like in the UK. But I am afraid that politics and insurance companies wouldn't allow it. I have insurance and still can't afford what it costs me. With insurance, each time I have an endoscope done, the cost to me is $500.00. In the beginning I was having one every month, and it just got to where I couldn't afford it.

• Posted

Maybe you have scar tissue from where the ulcer was. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.