Itching vulva

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone esle have a problem with itching. For the past 2 years especially at night I just itch and itch. I do not use any soaps. I am not dehydrated. I am 52 but not menopausal yet. This problem is driving me mad as there is nothing to see

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You may wish to try the cream Vagisil. It's helped me a lot in the past when I've suffered with this irritating condition.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Thank you. I have tried this but it has not helped. In fact the only thing that soothes it is Tea tree cream but I wish I knw what was causing it

• Posted

I remember using diluted tea tree oil with a syringe inside the vagina when the itch was severe. You just reminded me about tea tree smile

The bacterial balance in the vagina is being affected by your hormone levels perhaps. Have you been to the GP with this?

• Posted

I recall reading somewhere that some women soak a tampon in natural yoghurt and insert this into the vagina. I haven't tried this myself so cannot vouch for it.
  • Posted

Yes I suppose I ought to go to my GP and ask for advise. It may be changing hormones. Tea tree is a fantastic product
  • Posted

i have exactly the same problem. i am also 52 and going through the menopause. have been to doctors, she gave me mild cortisone cream, but everytime i stop using it it comes back. i find it worse at night or when i get hot.

i think it is hormonal, someone suggested oestrogen, has anyone else been on this for this problem.

• Posted

I have an 8yr old daughter, at night wakes up screaming with itchyness around vulva, has tried, Estrogen (this made itching worse) has been tested for trush and it is not. Could be ecxma, stings when wees, complains of a bubble? I feel so helples. She cannot eat oranges that sets it off but I'm not sure what else does. Would love to know how to cure it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.