Itchy

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all I haven't been on the group discussions for a while as somehow I got blocked .

could any body help or have some advice I've bet going to the doctors for weeks now as my skin has been really itchy to the point I'm driven in sane I got prescribed e45 itch relief cream different antihistamine dermol 500 lotion I bought cetraben to wash with in the bath diprabase to wash balneum medicinal bath oil all to no avail so any advice is welcome

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If it is due to pred drying your skin it will probably take a while moisturising like mad to improve.

Have you changed any washing products or have any washing products changed (i.e. "new", "improved")? If not, maybe try extra rinses and no conditioner.

• Posted

thank you Eileen no I have not changed anything nothing but I have noticed just recently my skin is a lot dryer but I don't know if it it down to pred I don't think so as I'm down to 6 mg now and its only just come on in the last couple of months I'm going to try what you have suggested with th extra rinse and no conditioner thank.you Eileen

• Posted

I use Dermol 500 lotion to wash and shower with and find the only moisturiser that is really effective is Neutrogena Intense Repair Body Balm. It took a few goes to get the itching under control, but it is now part of my regime and I don't have a problem anymore. I fasten a flannel to a back brush and use that to apply the creams. Obviously don't use the back brush for washing, I think all my skin would drop off if I did!!

Good luck

• Posted

thank you Kate I could rive every inch within a life of me the itching is so bad ill will get some neutrogena when I'm next in town i will try anything to get this itching under control thank you kate

• Posted

Sorry, I meant I use the flannel on the back brush to apply the creams to my back! I use my hands for everywhere else!!

• Posted

Food grade hemp oil and a product which included shea butter as a major ingredient helped me get rid itchy skin (dry and irritated skin). I had also used a very mild cortisone cream but learned I had to wean off it or the rebound effect was worse than the original problem.

Sounds like you may have an allergy and/or you are drying your skin out through washing. Now is the time of year to avoid soap to some degree. As a dermatologist I heard being interviewed recently said, only wash your face and your "bits" daily. And hands to be kept clean as usual of course.

• Posted

I don't use soap I bought a few things to replace soap it was alwAys used diprobase I've got some cetraben to wAsh with also some balneum medicinal bath Killeen prescribed different antihistamine nothing has worked I give anything a try to stop the itching thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.