Itchy body and scalp, no rash.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all! Im a 21 yr old male and I've had this really strange problem for the past fortnight. My body has been itching from head to toe non stop and there arent any signs of rashes or dry skin.

I haven't been itching and have applyied medicated creams, coconut oil and general moisturisers to no avail! - although my skin is now soft and healthier looking, which is even more baffeling.

I dont have any allergies that im aware of, and i havent introduced anything new into my environment to irratate my skin, and am not on any medication.

Im just wondering if anyone knows any possibilities of what it could be? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Zane, when something similar to this happened to me many years ago, it was because the manufacturer of my washing liquid  had changed the formulation, which they tend to do periodically.  It took a lot of investigating to find out what the problem was but eventually I was sent for patch testing, which isolated the chemicals that I am allergic to.  I can now avoid them.

The Dermatologist who sent me for the patch testing, also gave me some 'potent' steroid cream, which helped to stop the itching.  'potent' is not quite the strongest steroid that you can get but nearly.

Have you seen your GP?

• Posted

Thankyou for your response mrsmop!

This sounds like it could be what's happening. I noticed my itching went away last night ( i was wearing newly bought clothes) then when i went to sleep, i woke up itching. My sheets and most of my clothes have been washed in the same product! - i'll buy a different brand and see if this helps. smile

I havent been able to visit my GP yet because the building has flooded!! Really unfortunate i have to say. 

Thanks

• Posted

Let me know how you get on Zane.

• Posted

Hello,

I still have the itchy skin, and i have been washing my clothes in a sensitive scent free detergent. sad

Hope i can figure out what's wrong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.